Auction System of DD1 - UPDATE 4

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Guest, Member, Administrator, Moderator, Betatester, Beta tester 0x02CA--0x0001, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester
edited November 2018 in Blog
This is how the auction system for the DD1 will work.

Our intention was to create a system where everybody has a fair chance to make a good deal and to eliminate luck. We also want to avoid any technical problems and therefore the auctions are hosted on the Amazon webservers with much better performance of our current server. Side note: We are working on a complete new website and change our server host with it sometime later this year.

Our target is to start with the auctions on the 30th of July but only if it was tested carefully and runs stable. The exact timing and all parameters will be revealed later.

This is how it works:
  • The DD1 will be on pre-order before the first auction starts and will be available for regular pre-order the whole time. So you have the choice to place a regular pre-order or to take part in the auction system.
  • Every registered customer can place as many bids as he like per auction but is allowed to win only one auction. We want to avoid resellers.
  • The auction starts at 1 USD / Euro and every bid changes the auctionprice for a certain increment (e.g. +5,00)
  • With every bid a countdown is reset. 
  • If nobody bids within the countdown, the auction is closed
  • After an auction is closed the next product will be put on auction automatically.
  • We will put as many products on auction until a certain amount (will be announced) of auctions reach a certain price of XXX (will be announced) which is  below the regular pre-order price. 
  • This will guarantee that a lot of customers will get the DD1 well below the pre-order price and it can go down as far as a couple of Dollars if there is no more demand. Naturally demand will go down the more we put on auction.
  • Auctions will be held in Europe, USA, Australia and Japan but not at the same time. Exact timing and dates will be announced here and on the auction page.
  • We currently plan only one event but if it is succesful then we might make more events in the pre-order phase.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

UPDATE 1
The auction system is still beeing tested. The auction will not start before 12.00 German Time. We will let you know more by that time.

UPDATE 2
The auction system is running but we need more time for testing. We have to avoid the problems we had during the Adventvalendar auctions and therefore we decided to postpone the auctions. I assume it will be postponed for two weeks but I will give you an exact date as soon as we have a reliable date.

UPDATE 3
So the first auction will start on Monday 20th of August at 20.00 AEST. It is limited to Australia only as we want to get familiar with the new auction system and we expect less traffic in this region.
We will put plenty of DD1 on auction and make sure that there will be several units sold below the RRP of 1599,90 AUD. Prices above the RRP make now sense and such auctions will be ended by us if the bidding goes above.
After a succesful first round we will announce the date for Europe, USA and Japan. 
Please note that you must live in Australia and have an australian account on Fanatec.com in order to place a bid. But other regions can follow the auctions on the austrialian webpage of the DD1 .
There will be an auction button which you need to press in order to get to the auction page. 
We will annouce the auction results here as well.

Perhaps we will do another round of auctions. We will not stop until we have sold at least 100 units well below the pre-order price.

UPDATE 4

We’re giving our Fanatec Australia customers a second opportunity to participate in an auction for the Podium Wheel Base DD1 on Tuesday 30th October, starting 21:00 AEDT. Other regions will follow, and we’ll make separate updates about that.

As before, each unit starts at 1 AUD with no reserve. This is for Australian customers only, but all regions can view the auctions in real-time.

Instructions:
- For those based in Australia wishing to participate, please create a Fanatec account in advance and log in.
- Once active, you’ll see an ‘Enter Auction Page’ button on the DD1 product page, which launches a secure bidding area hosted on Amazon’s servers, which has been thoroughly tested for stability. (Anyone can click this link to watch the bids in real-time.)
- Click to bid as many times as they wish. Each click automatically increases the price by a fixed increment of 10 AUD.
- After every new bid is placed, a 60-second timer will reset.
- If there are no new bids after the timer reaches zero, the auction ends, and the winner receives an email with details on how to complete the pre-order.
- The next auction begins immediately, starting at 1 AUD.
- There is an unlimited amount of auctions if the Auction ends at 1500 AUD or higher (which is still below the regular price of 1599,90 AUD).
- We will stop the auction event in Australia after 10 Auctions reached an end price below 1500 AUD.

Comments

• Wow! Thanks Thomas, really good job man.
  • Awesome!! Thanks for all the info Thomas. Going to be an exciting time ahead  :-bd
  • Fantastic job Thomas and all at Fanatec, but I cant wait to hear about other Podium items, like New Pedals, because I seem to have lots of problems with the loadcell on my V3 CSPedals.

• Hi! How many DD1 base will be on the auction day?
  • Hi! How many DD1 base will be on the auction day?
    I believe they said >100, but I believe the auctions will be sequential (one at a time). 

The interesting thing will be the frequency that the auctions start and when the local start times will be.
  • Thx Thomas, I let you know:

1. Will be the auction items shipped earlier than the preorder items?
    2. What month 2018 will be these items shipped?

Thx again
  • I am interested in the PS4 kit and I don't own any Fanatec gear. Is there an auction for the PS4 i.e. DD1 with chip and PS4 license? Is there a bundle which includes pedals so that one can order a wheel, pedals and a DD wheelbase that operates in the PS4 environment?

Thanks

Douglas

• Oh and also - if one wins an auction, can one then go and order for instance, a set of pedals? If so, will they be delivered when the product you won at the auction also gets delivered (i.e. I guess in December or even later I guess ...)

douglas

• Oh and also - if one wins an auction, can one then go and order for instance, a set of pedals? If so, will they be delivered when the product you won at the auction also gets delivered (i.e. I guess in December or even later I guess ...)

douglas

Usually ... in this case Fanatec is shipping your order separately. If the pedals are in stock, but the DD base isn't, you'll get the pedals earlier.
  • Will the PS4 DD1 be included in one of the auctions?  It would go nicely with my V3i pedals!!
  • You say there will only be this one event. By that, do you mean the DD1 event? So, the four auctions in the various continents will be during their respective time zones? Lastly, will bids only be accepted by people who live in the respective locales?
  • " Every registered customer " Thomas, What exactly did you mean by "Registered customers" ?
  • Some news about auctions?
  • Is there going to be more information about the time and website link that this is happening on tonight
  • Is there going to be more information about the time and website link that this is happening on tonight
    " Our target is to start with the auctions on the 30th of July but only if it was tested carefully and runs stable. The exact timing and all parameters will be revealed later. "
  • well we're less than day away from the 30th. we need to know.
  • well we're less than day away from the 30th. we need to know.
    When Its ready Im sure Thomas will Let u all know. Rather it was tested and any issues fixed and then when ready to go he can tell us.  Happy to wait it out. If your Lucky enough to win one your not going to get it till December, so whats the rush ;)
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Guest, Member, Administrator, Moderator, Betatester, Beta tester 0x02CA--0x0001, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester
    I just made an update to this blog post. Auctions will not start before noon. In case our testing is not successful, we will have to postpone it a few days.
  • Awesome! I’m on the grid, waiting for the lights to go out on this auction. Let’s go!
  • I would like to start the opening bid at $1.
    Did I win?

• Thx Thomas, I let you know:

1. Will be the auction items shipped earlier than the preorder items?
    2. What month 2018 will be these items shipped?

Thx again
    Hi Axel, the auction units will be shipped as part of the first batch. The current availability estimate is December 7th.
    I am interested in the PS4 kit and I don't own any Fanatec gear. Is there an auction for the PS4 i.e. DD1 with chip and PS4 license? Is there a bundle which includes pedals so that one can order a wheel, pedals and a DD wheelbase that operates in the PS4 environment?

Thanks

Douglas

Hi Douglas, the auction is only for the standard DD1, not the PS4-compatible DD1. We have yet to reveal our plans for bundles.
    Will the PS4 DD1 be included in one of the auctions?  It would go nicely with my V3i pedals!!
    Hi Michael, no, the auctions are only for the standalone Podium Wheel Base DD1, which is not PS4 compatible.
    You say there will only be this one event. By that, do you mean the DD1 event? So, the four auctions in the various continents will be during their respective time zones? Lastly, will bids only be accepted by people who live in the respective locales?
    Hi Bill, that's correct, our current plan is to run one set of auctions, and indeed they will start at different times respective of the regional time zones. And yes, bids are only accepted if your Fanatec account is associated with that region.
    " Every registered customer " Thomas, What exactly did you mean by "Registered customers" ?
    Hi Ian, Thomas means that you need to be logged in to your Fanatec account in order to place a bid.

Unfortunately we will not be running the auction today. It has been postponed while we continue to test the systems. Please keep an eye on the blog for updates.
  • business as usual!
  • auction don't start ?
  • we following sure !

• Dominic, Thankyou for the update.
  • edited July 2018

Hello Thomas, Could we to wait before auctions is it possible to have a reduction on the wheels ClubSport F1 to celebrate the official partnership with Formula1 and the arrival of the new wheel PS4 Racing Podium?

With kind regards,

Aurélien

• Hi Thomas,
    Are the auctions today ? If yes, about what time ?

Thank you.
  • Ian MchaleIan Mchale Member
    edited July 2018
    Hi Thomas,
    Are the auctions today ? If yes, about what time ?

Thank you.
    " UPDATE 2 The auction system is running but we need more time for testing. We have to avoid the problems we had during the Adventvalendar auctions and therefore we decided to postpone the auctions. I assume it will be postponed for two weeks but I will give you an exact date as soon as we have a reliable date. " Also, Dominic Said, " Unfortunately we will not be running the auction today. It has been postponed while we continue to test the systems. Please keep an eye on the blog for updates "
  • P KP K Member
    edited July 2018
    I just keep waiting. I will buy one, but maybe the auction save me some money ;-)
    Let it rain Podiums!!! ;-D
  • Danny HoodDanny Hood Member
    edited July 2018
    thank god so I haven't missed the auction because it has been postponed
    I was looking around the web site and couldn't find a link to the aution and I thought I had missed it