Introducing the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Guest, Member, Administrator, Moderator, Betatester, Beta tester 0x02CA--0x0001, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester
edited December 2018 in Blog
It’s a great pleasure for me to reveal one more product before 2018 comes to an end: 
the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2

This incorporates all of the new features we introduced in the limited edition ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2018, in a more familiar shape. We’ve listened to your requests, and here it is: our first Formula-style wheel officially licensed for Xbox One and Windows 10. The Microsoft security chip inside the wheel means you can attach this product to any of our current wheel base lineup and enjoy full Xbox One compatibility.

The Formula V2 enters our product range permanently; it is not limited. This means that everyone has access to new features such as 12-way multi-position switches with rotary encoders, thumb encoders, rocker switches, multi-colour LEDs and so on. It’s also compatible with the Podium Advanced Paddle Module, which upgrades this wheel way beyond ClubSport spec. 
You can control the amazing amount of 67 (!) different game functions with this steering wheel. This includes up to 4 additional analog axis and the new Multi Position switches which now can be operated in two modes. You can either use them to jump directly to a specific value or you use them as rotary encoder with endless rotation.

No need for any button box if you have this steering wheel.

This steering wheel will replace the Formula Carbon and will co-exist with the F1 Esports wheel whhich will replace the Formula Black.

The ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 is available for pre-order today. Please check out the webshop product page for all the details.

New Formula Steering Wheels
  1. What is your preferred colour scheme?175 votes
    1. ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018 (black&gold)
      45.14%
    2. Podium Racing Wheel PS4 (black&blue)
      15.43%
    3. ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 (black&red)
      32.00%
    4. ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 Esports (black&black)
        7.43%

Comments

• Beaaautifullllll..... finally my matching color....???????????????????????? Is this the 2019 version?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Guest, Member, Administrator, Moderator, Betatester, Beta tester 0x02CA--0x0001, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester
    Beaaautifullllll..... finally my matching color....???????????????????????? Is this the 2019 version?
    No. The F1 2019 will be totally different.
  • Wow! Stunning!

Is there a possibility of this to come as standard with the PS4 DD??
  • Can I swap the 2018LE to this?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Guest, Member, Administrator, Moderator, Betatester, Beta tester 0x02CA--0x0001, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester
    Wow! Stunning!

Again a no but as the blue wheel is very popular and not available standalone, you will have no problem to sell it. It will be a unicorn on eBay.

• Wow! Stunning!

Again a no but as the blue wheel is very popular and not available standalone, you will have no problem to sell it. It will be a unicorn on eBay.

Ok thanks Thomas.

Looking forward to more to come in 2019, love the new range and hope there is plenty more to come.
  • Beaaautifullllll..... finally my matching color....???????????????????????? Is this the 2019 version?
    No. The F1 2019 will be totally different.
    Wow, now I’m even more confused???????? if I should use the voucher for this one or waiting for the 2019 F1 that comes with the DD1 that I preordered. I thought that the F1 2019 should looks as the same of 2018 F1(gold/black -Blue/black) but limited edition, and probably different colors. Thank you for the answer..
  • Very nice wheel but when can we expect the Porsche wheel or an other gt style wheel type? F1 wheels are a bit too small for me. But really nice work you guys did on this wheel!
  • Love it and glad I cancelled my 2018 LE wheel. While I will never participate in a Fanatec pre-order again this wheel is at the top of my list to pick up when they are in stock. 
  • So the limited part of the limited F1 Wheel is that it has less material less functuality with ps4 but i get everthing on other wheels for the same price?

Confused...
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    Love it ! Pre Ordered 
  • WOW, now I'm confused.
    So this is the new formula wheel - same as the 2018 F1 LE wheel but a different colour and the 2019 F1 wheel will be totally different.
    I have a voucher burning my pocket, but now I'm going to have to wait for the F12019 info to arrive.
    Looks great though..
    WOW, now I'm confused.
    So this is the new formula wheel - same as the 2018 F1 LE wheel but a different colour and the 2019 F1 wheel will be totally different.
    I have a voucher burning my pocket, but now I'm going to have to wait for the F12019 info to arrive.
    Looks great though..
    There will be a new colour version every year from now on so not sure how long you want to wait ;)
  • Neil DelveNeil Delve Member
    edited December 2018
    WOW, now I'm confused.
    Looks great though..
    There will be a new colour version every year from now on so not sure how long you want to wait ;)
    Thanks Thomas
    I love it, but only thing stopping my order is wondering what the F1 2019 wheel will look and function like.
    I have too many choices of rims for my DD1 (hopefully soon)
  • The wheel looks great! I'm glad to finally see a Formula rim I can use!

I'm excited for the Xbox compatibility, but will all of the features actually work with Xbox? Or will it be similar in functionality to the McLaren GP3 rim? By that I mean: both toggle switches are permanently mapped/shared to RT/LT (throttle/brake), RSB/LSB buttons are permanently shared with shift up/down, and the rotary encoders don't do anything at all. That is a lot of key features made useless.

Will this F1 wheel be different? Will the rev LEDs work on Xbox? Will we be able to map the thumb rotary controls?
    I know Xbox is behind on a lot of their own integration, but it would be nice to know what works and what doesn't before committing to the pre-order.
  • The selection of Formula rims just keeps getting more interesting. Really happy that I got the LE gold and black one though, the blue and red do nothing for me.
  • So the limited part of the limited F1 Wheel is that it has less material less functuality with ps4 but i get everthing on other wheels for the same price?

Confused...
    I'm confused and disappointed and possibly mislead. So the le wheel is just a different colour. If I'd known these wheels coming out would be coming out were virtually identical I'd be less likely to pull the trigger....not happy with the marketing at this point.
  • edited December 2018
    A beautifull steering wheel Thomas   \m/

Confused...
    I'm confused and disappointed and possibly mislead. So the le wheel is just a different colour. If I'd known these wheels coming out would be coming out were virtually identical I'd be less likely to pull the trigger....not happy with the marketing at this point.
    This new wheel it has the bottom closed, wen the LE it’s open at the bottom.
  • There will be a new colour version every year from now on so not sure how long you want to wait ;)
    These yearly releases will have different colors only, but be functionally identical?

Confused...
    Yeah, Fanatec needs to be more straightforward with their marketing, so what's the difference between the LE and this one? just the color, and this one being a closed design vs the LE an open one? I pre-ordered the LE and now I like this one better, so I might end up canceling and just waiting until it is available.
  • Man, so what's the uniqueness of the LE? It's colorscheme? I thought i bought a one of a kind piece in a one of a kind deal, but in a few weeks time i see people who preordered a DD1 get a wheel like this for free to compensate for delay (great gesture by the way). And now this wheel gets introduced... I don't really feel that excited for the "Limited Edition" wheel... :(
  • edited December 2018
    I pre ordered the LE. But you can’t call it a limited edition anymore.. even the price is the same
  • This looks perfect. I am also in the same boat on pre-ordering this one or getting the F1 2019 LE. Has there been any announcement on whether or not the F1 2019 LE will be xbox one compatible? If not, then this is clearly where my voucher will go.

• Great looking rim.  With all this emphasis on F1 style rims I hope they do a Podium F1 pedal set to complete the kit. 
  • Is there planned also PODIUM Formula rim instead of ClubSport? If yes, I would rather wait for some Podium instead of ordering ClubSport. Maybe with bigger LCD screen on wheel like real F1 wheels today or so  [-O< [-O< 
    It would be great to know some future plans for Podium series hardware.  :)>-
  • I pre ordered the LE. But you can’t call it a limited edition anymore.. even the price is the same
    yeah and its "limited" to PC an ps4, idk i'm sad :(
  • "new Multi Position switches which now can be operated in two modes" Is this exclusive to this wheel or does the 2018 LE have this too?
  • "new Multi Position switches which now can be operated in two modes" Is this exclusive to this wheel or does the 2018 LE have this too?
    Mhhh, same question...

:-$
  • Thomas, great presentation and I love the features and the functionality, but for one of the next Podium series Formula wheel could you please have it without the XBox logo? For serious PC sim racers the logo as it is for example on this Formula V2 makes the whole thing rather arcade in feel.

Oh and in terms of button colors real F1 have multi-colored buttons for quick identification so I think that would be the best approach. Certainly the classic Formula rim looks best for this reason.