The ClubSport Wheel Base V2 - Servo Power and multi platform

Comments

• Habe noch etwas vergessen: ich hoffe, ihr bringt auch das Porsche 918 RSR für die ps4 raus, das wäre nämlich für mich das nächste Wheel Rim gewesen. Steht ganz oben auf meiner Liste... :D
  • Oh my god!!!
    I got no luck with the special sale for the World Cup (Germany)!
    I got no luck with my Logitech Momo Wheel (Throttle pedal dead long time ago) and no luck with my G25 as the FFB was dead after approx 100 hours of use..
    So since 1 year, I am racing with the MOMO wheel and the G25 pedals. :(
    I really hope to get some luck for one time and receive this amazing code..

I want to be Fanatec customer!!!

Crossing my fingers :)

Christophe

• Hi Thomas and the rest of Fanatec,
                                                       Id personally like some clarification, which next gen console is supported because if xbox one isnt there is no point in me purchasing and when will the next gen compatibility be available as switching from pc to xbox one and no longer being a pc gamer but always using fanatec means i dont want to buy a CSW V2 base and not be able to play it because im waiting on a xbox one wheel for it. Secondly would you offer a greater discount on a trade in of a CSR elite or similar, or any dicounted value on top of just being a customer. Personally I have Spent in excess of £700 and so another £500 and £150 - £400 for just the steering wheel is painful.

I am however very grateful that peripherals are compatible and thankyou for the serious time you put into products and thier excellent build quality, I am very much looking forward to this new base and wheel but some details of pricing and its direction would help in my personal buying of this new evolution of Fanatec.

Many thanks John Rayson

• edited August 2014

Hi Thomas ,

You have my FULL attention on this wheel base !!! I bought my CSP pedals in 2009 which was the first batch ever run  & I am still using them today without issues !!!  Will I be included in the  invite process ?

Thanks !

Billy Graham 

• Thomas, die neue Base hat 7nm. Ich hab noch ein GT3RS. Wieviel Newtonmeter hat das im Vergleich?

Just for comparison: How much Newton metres has the GT3RS wheel referring to the 7nm of the new base?

cheers
    Frank

• Servo Motors are said to run cool and with that said I think one fairly powerful motor is better than 2 weaker motors that heat. I like the idea of just changing the rim for switching platforms
  • I'm a lowly PWTS + CSR Elite pedals + Inversion Kit + Wheel Stand second class citizen apparently.
    :-w

I almost pulled the trigger on the CSW last week...

Hopefully I won't have to wait for too long. I guess the bright side is that we'll get to see a few reviews before...
  • Can't wait for my V2 Base to arrive! 

Ordered the V1 last week and received an email to say i would be sent a V2 unit as the V1 is superseeded.

Great service!
  • and to mortals when we acquire this base v2
  • Hallo Thomas
    schön das die neue Base jetzt rauskommt.
    Mit denn Separaten Lenkräder ist auch o. k. .
    Ich hoffe nur das die ps4 und xbox one räder nicht so billig werden (Plastik und so)
    ist einzuschätzen wie die preisspanne bei der Konsolen variante ausfällt?  (Im Vergleich zu dem bmw rim)
    muss dann nämlich für pc , xbox und ps4 eins kaufen.
    Bin hald nur ein kleiner Handwerker.
    Dan kann Mann schon mal abschätzen was noch ende des Jahres an Geld benötigt wird.       Werde dann erst die Base und das bmw rim zulegen.                                                                     
    Danke für die Bemühungen (waren bestimmt harte Verhandlungen) 

\m/
  • …mmmhhh, 
    BASE V2 hört sich ja aufjedenfall sehr gut an… aber is es jetzt "direct drive brushless servo" oder "brushless servo" ?? …. oder was kommt da noch ;-)
    "Smooth performance with no cogging (in combination with our Poly-V belt drive system or direct drive)"
    "Now that it is done we can easily use it for smaller brushless motors or a direct drive wheel"

Thomas ?  … will jetzt nicht die BASE V2 kaufen wenn dann noch was anderes kommt ;-) 

mfg

• Thomas,
    What about the people who have been in the community for a long time waiting for this wheel, its kind of not fair to not consider them as loyal, honestly I have been checking the website and the forum at least twice a day for more than two years (I wasn't on the forum until the new update) for this wheel, Im sure there are others like me, I would have pulled the trigger on this base and full club sport set up today but now I have to wait until it is available for people who don't have a code, I can understand that it is currently not available to anyone because production only begun recently but the customers considered loyal already have a set-up whereas others such as myself don't... I trust that you will have a solution make all your customers happy, or at least if I order full club sport set up now I will be given code for when it is available for pre order?
  • Can't wait for my V2 Base to arrive! 

Ordered the V1 last week and received an email to say i would be sent a V2 unit as the V1 is superseeded.

Great service!
    Wow. So if I did order a CSW last week instead of looking at this **** blog and deciding to wait, I'd be first in line?

Now I'm stuck with this shitty PWTS for months instead. Great. Just great. >:P
  • Man I really screwed myself by not pre-ordering the V1 base lol... I was about to order/pre-order everything to set up my first rig! I decided to wait and see what this was going to be since I'm a console gamer, and I didn't want to miss an opportunity to pick up something for the PS4/XB1 over the PS3. I guess I'll still be going with the V1 after all, unless I manage to somehow get a code from someone... Oh well, it still gonna fun until I can pick one of these up!
  • I was one that purchased the Elite wheel. I found out too late that it was obsolete, and not the top of the line. I've had problems with 3 of 4 pieces that I've purchased from fanatec. Ive repaired all my components, and love them. That being said, I am very interested in the new base! I refuse to buy the x bone because of their shenanigans, but I will be getting a PS4, and I've since upgraded my PC. The inclusion of a code in my mailbox would definitely be appreciated.
  • @ Fanatec

1. Wäre schön wenn man die News auch mal in Deutsch lesen könnte...Bin der englischen Sprache nicht so mächtig ;-)

2. würde ich gerne wissen ob ich das Lenkrad über meinen Account kaufen kann mit dem Aktionscode von meinem Bekannten, da ich das CSR Elite von ihm abgekauft habe ???

Danke für die Antwort...
  • As a previous Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel owner (it was stolen about 6 months after receiving it :(...darn college town), I hope to receive a code before they are out of stock!!  Good work Fanatec, this base looks awesome!
  • Finally, a Fanatec wheel which will possibly compatible with next gen consoles - great!!!!!! Now I just have to wait for the pre-order code... :)

But I really hope that you can confirm compatibility for PS4 and XBONE soon or at least inform us with which company Fanatec has already managed to sign a contract with (my guess would be Microsoft as the last gen Fanatec wheels where branded as official Forza wheels but who knows).

Being able to play Drive Club (PS4) AND Forza (XB1) with the same Fanatec wheel (base) would be awesome.
  • …mmmhhh, 
    BASE V2 hört sich ja aufjedenfall sehr gut an… aber is es jetzt "direct drive brushless servo" oder "brushless servo" ?? …. oder was kommt da noch ;-)
    "Smooth performance with no cogging (in combination with our Poly-V belt drive system or direct drive)"
    "Now that it is done we can easily use it for smaller brushless motors or a direct drive wheel"

Thomas ?  … will jetzt nicht die BASE V2 kaufen wenn dann noch was anderes kommt ;-) 

mfg

Das würde mich auch SEHR interessieren!!
  • Brilliant! It looks like this will really bridge the gap quite some way between conventional motor driven wheels to the really expensive direct drive servo wheels
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Guest, Member, Administrator, Moderator, Betatester, Beta tester 0x02CA--0x0001, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester
    Es kommt immer was neues. Wenn es danach ginge würde ich noch immer mit dem Festnetz telefonieren und Briefe mit Papier schreiben.

• panem et circenses ...
  • Is there the intention to give  the existing customers of the CSW V 1 a discount if they want to replace their CSW V1 with the new V 2?

I have bought the CSW 9 months ago and then bought the whole clubsport equipment (CSP, CSS SQ, BMW rim, Formula rim). I will never buy the CSW V 2 if there isn't a possibilty to send in the old version and then getting an appropriate refund. Who needs 2 bases?

I don't think I am the only one who is not willing to pay futher 500 € for a better base after spending already 450 € for the old base not a long time ago. That's nearly 1000 € together, only for the bases.

And the possibilty to sell the old base isn't attractive because the launch of the new base will drop the prices for the used old version.

Thomas: You should do something in this direction and care more for good existing customers. I have spend nearly 2000 € for FANATEC products. 
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Guest, Member, Administrator, Moderator, Betatester, Beta tester 0x02CA--0x0001, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester
    Marc,

if you want to buy a new car and trade in the old one then the dealer pays you about 10-20% less the market value for the old one so he can also earn some money on it because selling a used car is also an effort.

Selling a base on ebay is easy and I expect prices to be stable as the V1 is far more attractive than many other wheels out there.

At least you get the 100,- pre-order discount and this is the best we can do.
  • Mark MedeirosMark Medeiros Member
    edited August 2014
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Great job Fanatec/Thomas.  

Can't wait for the new base with better motors, more power and increased reliability.  Sounds perfect.  

This is the news I was waiting for.  Now the only question is how many rims am I going to buy to accompany this new awesome base.....  decisions, decisions.......... :).  
  • For those of you complaining about using the wheels on PS4 or XB1, I hope this is an eye opener for you.

These companies will not allow products on their platform, unless they get a cut of every sale.  This is why you won't be able to use ANY of the existing steering wheels on the PS4 or XB1.  Fanatec will need to make individual wheels for each platform and for each type of racing discipline.  (F1 wheel for PS4 and XB1, GT wheel for PS4 and XB1, etc, etc, etc...)

This is a horrible business model, as the customers are the ones that get screwed.  I've been using a console all my life and most recently a PS3.  After the proprietary way both Sony and Microsoft approached the next generation, I decided to make the move.  Built a gaming PC and will not look back.  

I love the simplicity of the consoles, but that comes at a huge price.  When you add up the price of the console and the amount you need to spend on proprietary peripherals, it does not make sense to lock yourself into a platform.

Of course, there is a cost to this, as I won't be able to play the next generation Gran Turismo.  So, the question becomes, is it worth spending $400 on a console and $400 on proprietary peripherals, just to play one game??  I think not.  I'll stick to the PC, which is compatible with 99% of the games out there and allows me to use all my Fanatec gear, as I choose.

My 2 cents.  Sham on you Sony and Microsoft.  Compatibility is the future.  This proprietary stuff makes me sick. 

• Thomas,

I don't understand your comparison. The comparison would only make sense if you would be willing to pay 10/20 % under the market value of the old CSW. But that is obviously not the case. Or did I misunderstand you?

If you compare it with the automotive industry, there is a signicant difference: If I buy a new car, you know when the next model of this car will be introduced. A car at the end of the product history is sold at lower prices than the same model a year ago because most people want to wait for the new model. 

In your case you made a secret about the new version, no one should know until today. I understand that is interesting for FANATEC to hype a new product. But do you think also about the people who wanted to order the CSW a week ago and waited understandably with that because of your mystcal 7-1 countdown. Now they look into the "Röhre" (;-) and can wait a long time because they are a the end of the invitation list or not even on this list. That is not fair in my opinion.
  • Mark MedeirosMark Medeiros Member
    edited August 2014
    Thomas,

I don't understand your comparison. The comparison would only make sense if you would be willing to pay 10/20 % under the market value of the old CSW. But that is obviously not the case. Or did I misunderstand you?
    Marc, you can sell your 9 month old base for $200-$300 pretty easy and you get a $100 discount on the new product.  That means you would only have to fork out a few hundred dollars to get a much improved base with much better internals.

If that is not worth it for you, you still have what you paid for 9 months ago and can enjoy that instead.  This is the way the world works.  Nobody gives you a discount because they came out with a new product.  That's just not reality.

You think Thrustmaster is allowing people to return their old gear, just because they came out with a new product?  Your expectations are unreasonable.  
  • da sind ja wirklich einige scherzkeckse dabei … bald fordern sie > jeder die BASE V2 Gratis, versandkosten frei :-)

Thomas, ab wann werden die Clubsport Shifter wieder versandbereit sein ??

• Wir können zur XB1 und PS4 Kompatibilität leider zur zeit nicht mehr sagen weil die Entwicklung nicht abgeschlossen ist und wir keine Versprechungen machen können die wir dann nicht halten können.
    Gut Thomas, sehe ich vollkommen ein. Trotzdem bleibt die Frage, ob ich für die "Next Gen" Rims zwingend die V2 Base benötige, wenn ich auf der PS4 spielen will?? Oder kann ich meine V1 Base upgraden bzw. funzt es auch ohne Upgrade?  :-??