FanaLab - Share your favorite profiles

Comments

• Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester

You can give the profile a go, it matches Neutral and the first Gear 100% and is the best you can get with the current FanaLab features... ^^

Its so unfortunate as I really like the BMW but to drive it with this out-of-sync LEDs is a bit weird.. :/ Really hope iRacing doesnt go this route for future cars and just stick to one RPM range for all gear, otherwise FanaLab will become useless in terms of LEDs.. :(

• Hello Austen Chen, hello everyone,

I don't understand the method to convert settings from DD2 to DD1 on iracing ...

Can you help me please ?

An example for the BMW M8 on iracing, I have the figures 60 / 17Nm for a DD2 what should I put for my DD1?

How much should I put in the FFB of my DD1?

Ingame what value do I put in the max force and in the weel force?

Thank you in advance for your reply ;)

AND A BIG THANKS to Maurice Böschen for the work accomplished;)

Sportingly,

Tony.

• thank you so much Austen 

😉

• If you sent the figures to Tony to convert DD2 to DD1, please post it here for other users. Thanks! Any conversion techniques and math for any aspects of the sim should be in "stickies."

• The figures I sent to Tony was found in the initial post on the very first page, so it's really nothing new or something that I discovered.

Basically... the "ratio" between DD1 and DD2 is 1.25 ( = 25Nm / 20Nm) so for iRacing, you take the 1.25 and multiple it to the wheel force and the FFB, but you divide the max wheel force with it.

So for the DD1, wheel force and max wheel force for the M8 is 75 / 14Nm, and FFB = 66

I didn't touch any other settings so it's really up to your personal preference.

• Yeah, math is hard. LOL.

Clearly I must have been drinking and driving to miss the 1.25 ratio on the first page. Oooops. Thanks for posting it again though, d'oh. j

• Austen ChenAusten Chen Member
    edited August 2020

no worries ☺️ to be fair the number wasn't specifically mentioned but he did explain how to get DD1 numbers based off DD2. Some light reading was needed 🤓

tl;dr version for iRacing

in game wheel force multiply by 1.25

in game max force divide by 1.25

wheel FFB multiply by 1.25

That's all I did to use DD2 numbers/profile for my DD1.

• 🙏thanks again Austen 🙏

• i have a question about fanalab on podium porsche 911 ps4, everything on the screen does not show that the gears and km. will there be a next update? thanks

• Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester

See answer in the other thread where you posted that question.

• I noticed on page 3 of this post, @phillip geppl mentions that @maurice böschen made a profile for Dirt 2. But I’m not seeing it. Is it in a different post? Can someone provide link?

also, I realize these exports are a huge time saver but what about in-game settings? Anyone posting what they’re doing in-game in accordance with the fanalab settings?

Also, does anyone have a profile for rFactor 2? I’ll take anything just to get a baseline. I just got my DD2 a few days ago, and I’m overwhelmed with the amount of settings I need to mess with.

• hi John,

Maurice posted the Dirt 2.0 settings in this thread: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/comment/39973#Comment_39973

This was the Topic: "How do you make your DD1 wheel feel lighter ..."

for InGame settings i use Fanatec recommend settings as you find here for Dirt 2.0 https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/642/dirt-rally-2-0-pc-fanatec-recommended-settings#latest

hope that helps

• Regarding Maurice’s profiles for Fanalab.

In the name of each profile, you list the max force, and then the peak force (if I understand correctly). 

However, in my iRacing settings, I only have strength, wheel force (in Nm), damping, and min force as available settings.

I am not using linear mode (should I?)

I am confused how the two values you list (33, 25Nm for MX5), are inputted into the settings? Would you be able to elaborate on where these values are inputted? Sorry for the newbie question!

edited August 2020

Please have a look at the included text file, it's explained how to get Max Force value instead of strength. (simply click on the word strength to change to Max Force) .

linearity setting in the iRacing options has to checked on a DD, yes. But I recommend leaving LiN off in the Tuning Menu.

• Ah that's great, thanks! Missed the read-me, and went off what you wrote in the comment.

Just to check, with a Max force of 33, the MX5 should have really stiff steering, right (unless I've made a mistake somewhere?)

Just tried again, yeah its more on the stiffer side.

I adjusted it to Max Force 40 now with Wheel Force 25 and FF 100 on my DD2.

For anyone who like LED p0rn, forgot to upload my profiles for FanaLab 1.47+ here (because old profiles are partially incompatible).

Here you go :-)

• Perfect, that's great! Might turn it down to 40 like you did, but it feels really good!

Thank you so much for putting the time into making all these profiles! Very grateful to have them :)

One more thing - I saw another comment of yours here discussing vibration settings (I am using the Formula F1 2018 wheel). You mention that all the vibration options should be off in Fanalab, with the iRacing settings turned on. I was wondering where I can find these settings - I've search the app and googled it, and I can't for the life of me find where these are.

Vibration settings are FanaLab are greyed out in FanaLab for 90% because iRacing doesnt support that in their telemetry so FanaLab cant do anything.

To have vibrations on the CSP (not the wheel) in iRacing in the options there is a setting called "Pedal Vibration" which controls the vibration motors of the CSP.

Its not possible to get steering wheel vibrations in iRacing though (only Engine Vibration, Rev Limiter Vibration and Suspension Travel Vibration is working in FanaLab).

• Maurice with your ACC profiles i noticed that the GT4 cars do not have the pit limiter LEDs working like the GT3 ones do. Is that the way it is meant to be?

what do you mean? I make the Pit Limiter LEDs the exact same way the in game cars have LEDs for Pit Limiter and there is no difference to the GT3 cars.

• So does that mean not all the GT4 cars have that then? I see the Alpine, the AMR, Audi, BMW, Camaro and Maserati don't have them.

You mean the Rev LED Pit Limiter?

As said, I have only made them in cars which in game also have Pit Limiter LEDs in the car dash. If the car doesn't indicate Pit Limiter in game, I also didn't enabled it in my profiles. But feel free to add it if you want, my profiles are not hard-coded.

• Yes that is it Maurice, no worries, i don't want to change anything, just want to keep it real, just noticed last night that they did not light up on the camaro when pitting and thought that may have been an issue.

Thanks for the prompt reply, cheers.

edited August 2020

Just had a look:

Alpine: Only Blue Pit Limiter FlagLEDs

AMR: Only Green Pit Limiter FlagLEDs

Audi: Only Red Pit Limiter FlagLEDs

BMW: Only one Yellow Pit Limiter FlagLED

Chevi: Only red Pit Limiter FlagLEDs

Ginetta: Two outer blue Rev Pit Limiter LEDs and red Pit Limiter FlagLEDs

Xbow: Green Rev Pit Limiter LEDs and Red Pit Limiter FlagLEDs

Maserati: Only Blue Pit Limiter FlagLEDs

McLaren: Only Blue Rev Pit Limiter LEDs

Mercedes: Red and Blue Rev Pit Limiter LEDs and Green Pit Limiter FlagLEDs

Porsche: Blue Rev Pit Limiter LEDs and Green/Yellow FlagLEDs

So cars which dont have Rev Pit Limiter LEDs also dont have them in game.

• Thanks, you are a great help as always. 💪👍️

• Are the Fanalab profiles stored in a readable format? If so does anyone know where they are located in WIndows 10?

• Is there a database or a storage area of up-to-date profiles anywhere or do we need to go through all of the posts and work out which profiles to use.?