Fanatec DD vs SimuCube 2

Colin StoneColin Stone Member
edited July 2020 in Third-Party Hardware

There is quite and interesting thread over at Race Department comparing Fanatec DD vs SimuCube 2 wheel bases.

I was mildly curious is anyone here has compared the 2 and what their views are??

The SimuCube wiki is quite a good idea.

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_firmware_releases

Clear info without getting tangled up with forum posts. I would like to see something similar, particularly for Fanalab. In the various threads there is loads of info, but forum posts sort of cloud the issue.

It would be good see a Fanalab pdf manual.

Comments

• I know a lot of the guys in some of the FaceBook groups absolutely despise fanatec DD bases... No one gives a clear reason for the hatred but, for me the ease of use of the fanatec wheel rims was a positive for me so I opted for the Fanatec DD2 vice the similarly priced Simucube2 Pro...

Many of the grips I read was the DD1/2 felt "grainy" compared to the SC2 but, I've also read that the fanatec issues can be easily rectified via firmware releases...

I think the biggest issue with fanatec I can see is that the most stable firmware I have found on my DD2 is (and has been for months) beta drivers... I still cannot get fanalabs to properly load on my PC so I don't even bother anymore.

It really seems its one of those to each their own situations, many of the videos I've seen are more subjective... I'm curious to see actual legitimate non-biased opinions but, that apparently is unheard of anymore.