Clubsport Formula V2 hex file install?

I have been sent a hex file by customer support and been told to download and install it.

I have downloaded it but don't know how they want me to install it? Am I supposed to select it when updating the steering wheel instead of the default hex?

The file I have been sent is RFORMv2_V34_rev187_app.hex and supposed it is to fix a Clubsport Formula v2 and podium advanced paddle module not responding.

Comments

• edited July 2020

I do believe that the V34 firmware is also within driver 365. If you download beta driver 365 from this forum and install it on PC, you can than update the Formula V2 to firmware 34 from within the PC driver. No need to mess around with hex files.

Just checked: I am on driver 365 and my Formula V2 is indeed on firmware 34 ;-)

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester

Open the Fanatec Driver window under update and once the steering wheel firmware updater is launched you can choose the ... and select the downloaded hex file to update.

[Moderator]

• Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester

He got a special V34 to fix freezes.

To load it, the support should have given you instructions.

Open the dribver, go to Update Tab, click update steering wheel, click yes, click load hex file and select the downloaded hex file, then flash.

• Does this help to fix the Formula V2 freezing? I have had numerous issues with it freezing and not responding and am searching for a solution.

• Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester

Yes it does