Fomula V2 rim, stuck in 7th gear.

Hey!

After updating fanalabs and all the other drivers, i updated the drivers for my Formula V2 wheel. After that the wheel goes bananas and the 7th gear is flashing like a strobe!

Has anyone had the same problem?

I tried to reinstall the drivers but when i click the update button, nothing happens.

I remembered that, after i updated the firmware the display on the wheel told me to chose R-7th gear by pressing the lower right button (button 10). i did and now the frustration level is at 91% !

I dont have a shifter so, why would it ask me to chose what input to use for all gears?

Comments

• I think i just got it to work again. The computer seems to think that i have a shifter installed (witch i dont) so i pressed the setting s menu and clicked on the H-Shifter calibration button. After that i just clicked the button again when it was asking for the different gears, and now it stopped blinking.

• Nope.

Restarted the wheel and the problem is back.

Why does the rim/base think that i have a H-shifter? i think that, there lies the problem!

• I think you have to remove the cue from seventh gear. you probably have to put the cue to the sequential gearbox, which to the left of the H gearbox.

I'm curious if you solve ...

• Sadly no. Already klicked on "Map sequential shifter to the shifter paddles" And that does nothing.

• then, uninstall everything and also delete hidden files.

delete everything on your pc related to fanatec.

you have to do a perfect uninstall.

then reinstall everything.

I'm curious if this problem solves.

then put: show hidden items (in folder)

then, after manually uninstalling all fanatec drivers and software,

go to the local disk where they were installed and on "search" enter the keywords, such as: fanatec etc. etc.

so after doing all that, you reinstall everything from the beginning, but you do it manually and in the directory, insert a new folder renamed by you, (ex: fanatec2), so that you won't have an installation on the same previous directory ...

I hope I have not been confused in trying to describe the steps.

let me know if you solve