ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module - 4 Pin Connector?

Florian LichtFlorian Licht Member
edited August 2020 in Fanatec Other

''Not compatible with Formula Black / Carbon / F1® Esports''

I'm really disappointed, it's just an up and down shift, why they are using a 4 Pin connector for such a simple thing and make it unuseable for all their Steering wheels? :(

Please tell me there is an unofficial way to connect the new Paddle Module with an adapter to the Formula Black Steeringwheel. If somebody is gonna try that please let me know, I would be very thankful.

Comments

• Yeah, that is just downright stupid. It's on/off switch, there's absolutely no need for 4-pin. That just mean that ppl make or buy adapters to convert this. Or do Fanatec want that we buy our magnetic shifters from others, like SRM?

These have nice price, but there has to be 4pin to 2pin converter piece included.

• Florian LichtFlorian Licht Member
    edited August 2020

Yes it makes zero sense... I posted the adapter option long time ago, when they introduced these with the limited Formula rim...

But yeah, looks like they don't care or want us to buy the more expensive stuff, which makes no sense for me, I'm fine with the Formula Black, the shifter upgrade would have been awesome, but guess I'm gonna have to stay with the Ascher option until somebody comes up with an adapter... it's ridiculous.

and 2 of the 4 Pins have no function at all, such a bad joke xD

Imagine getting paid for the development of the shifter and then come up with such a nonsense 4 Pin solution and screw all their long time customers like ''yeah please throw your older steeringwheel away (which is almost identical to the new ones) if you want to upgrade anything, thank you.''

• Hello, everyone,

yes, I'm disappointed too. Since I already have the Advance Paddle Module, I wanted to add the magnetic paddles to all the other wheels. Now I have no possibility for my BMW GT2 and F1-Esports. This is more than frustrating.

Honestly, I cannot understand this company policy.

Greetings

Guido

• It's actually a 6 Pin connector, there you can see it only uses 2 of them (06:04) ... Really sad Fanatec don't offer any adapter solution for older steeringwheels... But I wont throw my Fanatec Formula Black away, gonna stay with the Ascher shifter mod instead.

It's still unbelievable... Maybe one day somebody gonna create an adapter, but I guess it wont be Fanatec.

• Actually is easier to clip the wire at the heat shrink joint (2 wire cable to 6 wire cable) and add your own 2 pin micro mini connector (a 6 pin back to 2 pin connector would make the cable too bulky and too long). That what I was going to do ( they are only a couple of dollars on ebay/amazon) until I noticed several users in this forum and others having trouble the the magnets coming "unglued" from their sockets 🤫. So now I will wait 😴 until Fanatec gets this sorted out, because it takes too much time install them on the older "universal hubs" to have them fail after a few hours of play. The Original F1 rim is an easier install , but then again if it fails I would not be happy. 😥

• Alright thank you for the information, now I'm glad it wasn't possible to use them for the older steering wheels xD