US - CANADA Shipping “stuck in transit”

Hi everyone, I bought my Fanatec gear mid June, had issues and they had to do an RMA, Sent my products to LA, they sent me replacements Aug 4th.

The wheelbase was shipped as priority mail and arrived Aug 11th.

The Steering wheel shipped on the same day as “First Class Package” with USPS is stuck in the LA Distribution Centre since Aug 5th :( in Aug 9th i got “In transit to next facility” which i understand from reading that basically there is no info on the package and nothing since then. I spoke to USPS and Fanatec and currently both are just saying it’s just waiting for transportation to move it to Canada.

Wondering if anyone went through this before, Any information like how long First Class Packages take between US and Canada or if anyone has had a package stuck In Transit before, how long did it take for a status update? Or was your package lost?

Thanks in advance to your help

Comments

• It just takes a really long time. The USPS lady i talked to said they were about month to two months behind.

• Yeah i expected delays. I just wanted to make sure it’s not lost since “in transit” doesn’t mean much

• Even more reason why Fanatec shouldn't be using USPS. Completely irresponsible by Fanatec and shows a total disregard for the customer. Once they have your money they don't care when you receive your items. They are purposely using a delivery process that can take 1-2 months. Completely unacceptable. I recommend calling your credit card company, disputing the charge for items not received, and then they can investigate Fanatec. The more this happens the greater the chance Fanatec starts taking this seriously.

• Actually they’ve been very helpful throughout he process except for using USPS first class mail for such an expensive item.

I called them today in Germany and i raised this issue that we are willing to pay more for proper guaranteed shipping.

I can’t do this credit card thing as this was paid for long time ago and I bought from a store in Canada and this is a return for a replacement unit

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester

Quick tip; If you happen to live within driving distance to the border you can use a border mail service. I've used it for quite a few items and usually get it within a couple of days. Obviously now it wouldn't be an option with the border closed but reference for future.

• Did you actually receive a tracking number ? I ordered a bundle on july 4th and 2 days ago I receive the wheelbase and nothing else. I have never received a tracking number and my order is still set to open

• Thanks Joseph, in that case do you usually ask for that service before the shipping? Or is it possible to ask USPS afterwards to ship it to border mail?

• This is an RMA and yeah I got tracking numbers from Fanatec

• thank you

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    edited August 2020

When placing the order enter the border mail address and select the quickest service. If you can't enter a separate address that doesn't match your Can billing then simply add the address to notes section when placing the order with the Border mail address and sales will make the price and shipping adjustments. 😉