Refund time?

I refused a delivery from fanatec due to their error on July 29th. It was returned to their warehouse on August 3rd. I was charged almost $1100 on my debit card. It os now August 20th and after multiple email inquiries. Crickets. I need this money back. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Can you call your bank and get the charge reversed?

• Denny MauriceDenny Maurice Member
    edited August 2020

I am going to have to take it to the nextt step. I undertstand it maybe take 7 days but 3 +weeks is ridiculous. I was told by Dom on hereto refuse delivery as it would help speed the process up. Now no one is answering me. Not on here. Emails etc

• It's unfortunate but this doesn't surprise me now that I have also dealt with Fanatec (first time order for me). Sucks that you are going through this. Once Fanatec has your money they don't give a sh*T about how long it takes to get your items (if they even show up at all) or when you will get your refund.

They have the absolute worst customer service. As in it's basically non-existent.

Allow me to rant about my experience.

My parcel hasn't been location scanned since July 30th, that was 23 days ago. My order was shipped July 20th, over a month ago. I called USPS and even they were surprised that it hasn't been scanned anywhere. They believe it's been 'misplaced' or stolen.

No reply from Fanatec of course after numerous emails trying to contact them.

My credit card company and PayPal have both started an investigation into Fanatec so hopefully it will speed up the refund process.

At this point I don't even want their stuff anymore. I guess if or when it ever shows up I'll just refuse delivery like you did? That's the best way to do this? I don't want to be charged for shipping again and I want a full refund including the shipping costs since this whole issue could have easily been avoided.

Fanatec charged me $190 for shipping yet they used the cheapest and slowest shipping method possible, all at the expense of the customer. On top of that they knowingly used USPS snail mail which is completely unreliable now. They purposely overcharge for shipping, then pocket the difference. They could have easily used 3 day priority with Fed Ex or UPS.

This is easily the worst online purchase experience I've ever had in the last 15 years.

Guess I'll just go back to Thrustmaster. Their TS-xx series dual belt wheel bases and wheels have great reviews and many say they are just as good as the CSL Elite. They also have the same amount of torque.

• hey Jeff I had the same experience as you, and totally agree with everything you mention. But in the end it is really good quality gear and you begin to forget how horrible the purchasing experience was. So if it arrives do not refuse delivery, just take it and start racing. The return process will probably just extend your frustration dealing with Fanatec customer service (which is no service). But lesson learned I will never order through their website again. After a visit to Simulation1 in Markham, I plan to make all my future purchases through that store in person or online. They answer the phone and if they have it in stock ship fast from within Canada so you can avoid all the postal and customs delays. It may seem less cost to buy direct from Fanatec site and ship to Canada, however as has been well documented on this forum by other customers north of the border the experience is horrible. Simulation1 was easy to deal with and provided immediate service so the purchase was fast. Call them and talk to Teddy if you need anything in the future to avoid the Fanatec BS.

• BTW I had about 33 days between location scans at the start, but when it was scanned it was still in the same location, so the packages sat in LA that long before getting on a plane to Canada. Once in the air I think I had everything within about 14 days. My other posts document the timing better.

My order "shipped" June 2nd (3 packages) and I received the last package on July 22nd, to give you an idea of the timeline.

• Thanks for the info and sharing your experience. Glad you finally have your stuff now!

edited August 2020

It's now been 3 full weeks since they got the returned unopened packages and still no refund in site. Still no communication. Plain unacceptable.

I am sorry to you all that have had issues too. They are quick to charge. Sad thing, it was on their end and I'm still screwed out of $1074.90.

This company has been making BANK this past year. Time to hire some more people. Reinvest on what this company is absolutely pathetic at. Simple customer service

• Did you purchase the stuff with PayPal? You can start a claim and that will definitely expedite things. Same thing with your credit card, although that will take longer vs doing it through PayPal. I opened a claim with PayPal and within 5 days had a refund.

• No. I didn't use PayPal. I wish i had now. I really don't want to get my bank involved. We are now almost a month to the day that I refused delivery and day 25 since they received the unopened packages. I have sent another email. If nothing after day 30, I will be contacting my bank

• edited August 2020

Was any of your emails replied?

Apparently they are having mail issues or some shit like that.

Maybe you are sending to wrong address? A lot of people are sending mails to sales instead of webshop. Also it would help you if you try through the webpage contact form.

Just for the history. Why you refused the delivery?

• Disputing the charge doesn't affect your credit rating. And the credit card company will reverse the charge on your CC very quickly while they investigate the problem with the seller.

edited August 2020

I refused delivery because I accidentally canceled it. Sent a email saying to uncancel it if possible. Received reply saying they could not uncancel the order and would have to reorder. I did reorder. Received email next day saying they successfully uncanceled my first order (from a different rep) after being told to reorder. Ended up getting 2 of the same of everything. Both were sent to warehouse before I could do anything. Dominic was helping me on here. He has since stopped responding. I have tried every email possible.

Was told by Dom that refusing delivery would speed up the process. That is not the case at all. I have all emails and tracking numbers as proof of their mess up