Why is the support of fanatec so bad with so many people ?

Why is the support of fanatec so bad with so many people ? waiting min of 1 for getting mail back?

Comments

• Hi Jan,

It should be clarified what 'support' means. The questions that relate to order enquiries go to the fulfillment team, and this is taking an average of 7 working days for a response. There are several contributing factors to this, including an increase in interest in sim racing in general, and issues relating to shipment delays as a result of movement restrictions.

However, if you create a Support Ticket (usually for a technical enquiry relating to a Fanatec product that you own), this uses a different system, and goes to a different department (technical support). Support Tickets are not as affected by the current situation, and the response time is faster, usually within 48 hours. Of course, sometimes the technical support department needs to communicate with the fulfillment team (part of the RMA process), so they are also impacted by certain delays.

There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes to reduce the wait time for all enquiries.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• No it is not 48 hours is is 7 days min op getting back to people so many people are telling this look at facebook trustpilot sending out broken parts. What for company is this "There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes to reduce the wait time for all enquiries." lol is is goining on for months now. What a joke company

• Seriously it been 2 weeks and a half that I sent message and still got no answer.... on facebook

HOW CAN I GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU ?????? I HAVE A COMPLAIN !!! on facebook

on facebook

Marty Bourgonje

Step 1 - Fix your website

Step 2 - Don’t tell customers incorrect ETA dates

Step 3 - More so for Australia have the option of more than just Australia Post as a shipping option

Step 3 - have a platform where customers can actually get quick responses to supply/product/technical issues

Step 4 - remember that the customers actually pay for your products and should be treated as such.

Besides that the products are solid, everything else needs to be fine tuned

• Your product is great but your customer service is shite!!! on facebook

• Hi Jan,

I understand your frustration, but Facebook is not the correct or official way to contact us. The team is extremely busy responding to enquiries on our own system, and is not always available to reply to Facebook questions.

I can see that you received a reply to your support ticket yesterday.

If you don't see this message, please send me a private message on here (click my name and then the 'Message' button).

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Jan for what it's worth, I've placed 3 orders for in stock items, paid for 2nd day shipping and they've all arrived within a week.

I've had 1 RMA ticket and while the process is slow due to shipping methods chosen, the turnaround time from Fanatec was very quick once they received the item (one business day to receive, evaluate and place a free order for a replacement)

It's obviously concerning to see comments from others who say they were treated badly, but at the same time most people with a normal experience don't have any reason to write about it.

• Waiting on weak now for ticket the is no respons if the "I can see that you received a reply to your support ticket yesterday." no replay form the support ticket it has been 2 days.

If your teams extremely busy responding hire more people for it are stop taking order that and fix your problem's with the people that have complaints about order are getting money back. are broken products.

No private Message this issues will be in the open so that everyone can see this how fanatec is bad at customers support and rma

• you make your problem the customer his problem, but that's not how it works with a support department or a webshop.

• your phone support is max 2 hours a day why to many people calling with complaints

• edited August 2020

Since Dom has access in the emails and can see that a reply has been sent, better check your spam box.

Unless you mean you replied to the reply and there is no reply there after.

• It is not in the spam box if that was the problem then more people have the same issue. but that is not the problem fanatec needs to fix the broken producties and the support system there is the problomen.

• No is that not problem if a company has good support rma systemen but fanatec is joke with this.

• Can you please help get me in touch with someone in regards to a return. I sent out for an RMA on 8/13 and still have not heard back. on facebook

So where is the problem then ?

• Customer support is really annoying and far below an acceptable standard.

Made a request for technical support because my throttle pedal is not working properly anymore.

Almost two weeks gone, still no answer.

Was considering to buy also a wheelbase end steering wheel after the pedals I bought, but if this is their standard on customer support and the quality of their products I probably should not.

• clarified this that al the bad customer suppert and rma ?

• clarified this that bad product testing are cheap parts ?

• Took them 1 month to respond to my question on a $1900 usd order that was paid in full. The customer service is non existent and worrisome if I have a issue with the products in the future . on reddit.

• I have now purchased $1500.00 US dollars worth of stuff with the first showing up broken and it’s been almost two weeks with no reply. The other two orders I hope will fix the first problem. After all the good reviews on YouTube and the web I don’t know if I made the right choice. Support is a huge part of having a product, especially in this industry. Finding out the support sucks after ordering is a huge disappointment and I may have spent the little bit extra to get a different brand but better service. on reddit

• Took them 15 days to get back to me about a refund, and they want me to ship this thing all the way back to Germany on my dime, and then take 15% restocking fee.

Really not a fan of Fanatec's customer service. on reddit

• Completely agree, the squeaky wheel is always the loudest. It may just be a COVID-19 thing and that is why things are bad. All the reviews on YouTube seem great. I think just having someone other than a auto reply to front the support emails would go a long way. And the response time improved would help also. on reddit

just fix your fucking support.

• Fix your website.

• This thread is worrisome, along with a 2 hour window to get in touch with a real human being over the phone.

I was trying to make a purchase today. We even called the credit card company 3 or 4 times just to make sure it wouldnt get tagged as a fraudulent charge, and still the payment was rejected.

Tried the EXTREMELY limited chatbot. Honestly, they probably should just not have one.

Finding the phone number on their website is really difficult not worth the time you could save just by googling it, and utterly pointless considering the 2 hr window where you can actually get a hold of a human.

Also, the website instructs you to email sales@fanatec.com, but when you do, you get a bounce back email, so you have to go back to the website and use their contact form

At least their automated email reply was fast... (sigh)

I could understand, slow customer service when it comes to returns, exchanges, RMA, tech support, etc... that takes 36 to 48 hours for a response, but that slow a response for sales is really unusual and has be rethinking if i should even make this purchase. Anything longer than those times considering the brand and price point of their products doesn't seem right to me or inspire much confidence in the brand or the product.

Maybe you need to be a youtuber to get the real good customer service....

on reddit

• Im with you on this Jan. Fanatec ticket system is appalling. I’ve had a ticket open since the 8th August with ridiculous delays in replies to mails etc. I have found that ringing them was a good experience and my problem was solved in a 10 min conversation. That 10 minute conversation would have taken weeks via email.

• No respons from fanatec it is time for youtube review about fanatec as joke company.