How to exchange 2 products in my "The order has been processed." order for 2 other products?

Basically I realize after more research I want the Formula V2 wheels and the Podium Shifters, and want to return the CSL Elite P1 + Clubsport F1 Esports wheel + Table clamp (bought a rig).

The cost of what I want to return is 479.85 USD, the cost of what I want to buy is 549.9 so they would just have to charge me $70.05 and re-arrange my order.

Hopefully this is possible as it seems my order has not yet been put together.

Comments

• It is generally not possible.

if your order has an out of stock item, you might be able to contact sales and have them cancel the whole thing, and refund it.

but if not, then you're kind of stuck.

A friend of mine tried to return something it was unopened, he emailed before the product even arrived. It took over a month, and multiple emails just to get a form letter back with an RMA but there was no commitment to waive the 15% restocking fee until he complained further.. I think in the end he just sold it on Ebay.

• edited August 2020

Fanatec notified me that there will be a 15% restocking fee even if the box is unopened! They also lied and said my order has been dispatched days ago, yet I have no tracking numbers from USPS or Canada Post. They replied to my emails where I said I wanted to buy more, but not the one requesting my tracking number. Crooks.

So to return these items I'd have to pay $125 USD + shipping. Hahaha what a joke.

I will be selling these items locally for exactly what I paid for it and then I'm going thrustmaster.

For anyone trying to buy Fanatec: don't.

• The availability on their website means nothing
    • Support is almost non existent
    • You have to pay 15% + shipping on items you're returning even if unopened, even if you didnt accept the package, they will give you only 85% - shipping back. Complete scam.
    • You will wait WEEKS

My advice is avoid this company entirely. Can't wait to get rid of this stock once it comes in.

They are total crooks simply looking to make money out of every possible angle whether its support/refunds. Done with this company forever.

• This news is certainly upsetting, but I don't know that it qualifies as a scam - all these policies are posted publicly - including the 15% restocking fee. Restocking fees may not be common in 2020, but that does not make them a scam.

My friend had a similar feeling of frustration and talked about selling everything and going with another brand.

After a few days (and probably dozens of youtube videos) he came to the conclusion that he'd only be hurting himself by doing that - Fanatec gear is widely loved and is nearly always compared favorably to the competition.

All I'd ask is that before you go and swear off the brand for good - send another email to support and ask them to take another look at your request - they are busy and they seem to use form letters for first contact - maybe the new guy got your case and was following a script. I suspect if you ask about it, you will be taken care of.

• edited August 2020

Anything that removes money from my pocket for no logical real-world reason is a scam. If this was some local producer who worked with his hands and genuinely is affected by missing stock, a restocking fee is fine. This is a massive company with warehouses in Europe and North America and still charge a restocking fee. This is an ancient tactic I haven't seen in years.

I did not pay $2500 to get all sorts of delays and excuses and order anxieties. I will sell my fanatec equipment when it comes in and make a decent little profit since its really not available locally here and then I'm going thrustmaster or accuforce. My buddy got his gear in 3 days from thrustmaster zero issues for 1/2 the cost and is already racing. Meanwhile my tickets don't get responded to, the website is broken (order status means nothing), no tracking numbers issued, and they want a restocking fee for an unopened box.

Fanatec is crap spray painted with gold paint. Garbage company. I'm sure their products are OK mechanically but at this point I do not care anymore.

Imagine wanting to return a product and YOU have to pay the COMPANY, AND pay for shipping.

• This is 1 of the worst company with products and customer service, if not the worst, in today's business world. When Fanatec provides no support either to pre-sale or post-sale and people are still lining up to order, instead of voting with their money, the company is not going to bother to spend money to hire more people to improve service. Why would they? It has been happening forever and people are still coming and willing to wait...

• I was about to order Fanatec and now I think I'm going to go with Accuforce DD. It's $999 with their base and wheel. There are lots of alternatives.

• Heard great things about the Accuforce.

Of course I thought I would be one of the lucky ones πŸ˜‚ I feel bad for the engineers at Fanatec working for such bad management.

• Sounds reasonable, I’d have a 25% restocking fee if I was in charge. The cost of handling your order is built into the margin of the product. Handling It a 2nd time is not. You also want them to pay shipping for your change of mind? This is either a crappy troll attempt, or you have zero idea about real life business. How dare those greedy corporate rats not want to spend money because you can’t make an informed decision the first time. I’ve had nothing but good luck with Fanatec. Everything I’ve ordered with them has been promptly shipped. I’ve sprung for 2nd day air on every order and am always surprised how reasonable the shipping costs have been. Sim racing gear is a niche industry, I hope you find something that will leave you satisfied.

• edited August 2020

Lucky you are not in charge then :P

Yes I want them to cover shipping by sending me a printable label. Nothing I mentioned is unreasonable, it's standard. They are big enough to eat the small cost of shipping, especially if I'm buying more expensive gear from them. I didn't even have the option of choosing my shipping.

I hope you find a better hobby than defending corporate brands on a niche forum on a Saturday afternoon.

Cheers.

• He's probably Fanatec employee... :-)

• Why stop at 25% restocking fee? Make it 50% so nobody will dare to return...if they lose 50%...

• edited August 2020

Why not stoping asking others to pay for your mistakes (because you havent made your mind on the products you have ordered) and read the damn Terms & Conditions regarding returns?

Just saying.

P.S. Yeah I know. I am a fanboy or fanatec employee because I have different opinion than you guys.

• Go get free gear from your sponsors. We're not all rich and can afford to piss away 15% of 2.5k.

Fanboys defending corporations all the time I genuinely don't understand why. Imagine casually posting on a Fanatec forum lmao.

• edited September 2020

Yeah right. Whatever.... Spot on once again... 🀣

Man up to take responsibility for your mistakes. Don’t count on other to pay for your own mistakes or correct them free of charge. πŸ˜‰

Edit: They are called terms and conditions and are online for a reasson and should be known in advance.

• edited September 2020
  • 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Please continue making us laugh and showing us the level and your edification....

You think by calling other people names trying to insult them, people will not see that you are just some cry baby that made a mistake and trying to bully his way out?

seriously? In the real world of corporations you would already been given the same wish you gave me, ban you from their client list and wouldnt give a shit for your 500 usd spent.

Fanatec on the other side might look at the other side and try to help you (being a small company comparing to others) but you are not making it easy.

So please.... Continue making us laugh by swearing to defend your position and believing that everyone owes you... πŸ˜‰

• Oh no.... Why you have edited your post with all the nice wishes and you showing your education...

Come on. The previous version was so much better.... 🀣

• edited September 2020

You are a pro race driver coming into a casuals thread taking a shit on them instead of inspiring people. Why? Are you a psychopath? What is so wrong in your life that you have to step on people beneath you? Especially as a professional representative of the sport? ESPECIALLY as a man three times my age?

I'll be returning my gear instead, this whole experience has bummed me out so hard. Not only do I get zero info about where my money went but pro race drivers come in and bully casuals out of the sport for not wanting to lose 15% of their entire net worth because of a small mistake. Funny because I don't see 100% 1st place finishes from you.

What a pathetic loser you are. Seek help.

• edited September 2020

A) I am not a pro driver.

B) I pay and I pay with my hard earned money to do my hobbies. Like you I guees although you mentioned I am tripple your age you so must be 13 or something.

The difference is that I am watching my tandurms and my manners because even if I am paying for all of that, my team and my engineers can tell me to go elsewhere and dont want my “bussiness”. And guess what. They are entitled to do that even if it is not in the T&C of the contract. πŸ˜‰

C) I commented on your attitude, and not even close to the to es you were using.

D) I didnt take a shit on you. Pointed you out to the T&C and that you learn from your mistakes and stop acting like a spoiled bratt. On the contrary you started swearing.

E) I am not the role model for anyone who I dont know personally and dont wana be.

Keep showing us your level a bit more with names and even shouting when you are typing... No one will be scared this side of the monitor...

oh and by the way... Cant have always 100% stats. But thanks for looking me up. πŸ˜‰

If you act properly and behave properly then you get a proper response as well even from Fanatec. Not only from just plain users tired reading your vending.