Fanatec Shifter SQ1.5 - my solution for the misshift problem

Hi guys,

I upgrade my simrig from an G27 to an CSR elite ( i know, its old ^^ ) - so I was in need of an shifter and pedals.

Then I bought the V3 and the SQ1,5 shifter from Fanatec new.

I use an Omega GT RS6 simrig - which was nice for my G27 - but comes to its limit with the Fanatec hardware.

Since I couldnt find my mounting plate for the shifter, I screwed the shifter to a wooden plate and clamped this set to my sim rig. This "test" worked with the G27 shifter, but not with the Fanatec Shifter. As soon as I wiggled the mounted shifter, misshifts happened like R instead of 5th gear, but especially 2, 4 and 6. Especially when your shifter was in 4th and you wiggled the shifter, it showed like gear 2 or 6 is in ( for a ms ).

Long story short, I made another mounting bracket, this time i welded a metal one. Even this was made just for testing and isnt by far perfect ( only a 2mm base plate ), there is NO MISSHIFT anymore!!!

Even when I tried to wiggle the whole mounted shifter heavy, no more misshift.

So one solution for fixing the problem:

Make sure, the shifter is mounted properly to a simrig or table!!!!

( if this doesnt help, there is a nice video on YT from a guy who solved his problem by using an electronic tape around the hall sensor ! )

PS:

some "eyecandy" 😁 ( at the first picture bottom right, you can see my "wooden construction", the metal one is test project 2 )

Happy racing everyone!

Comments

• Glad it worked for you...Mine has been firmly bolted to my steel rig the entire time (over a year now) and still misses shifts. I've done every fix for it I could find (including grounding the rig like Fanatec recommends and the tape fix) and still get errors.

• I'm sorry but this does not work for me. I've been aggravated with this problem for years on three different Fanatec H-Shifters plus one replacement parts/shifter not to mention it happens on three different gaming PCs and two Xbox Ones (so it's the Fanatec shifter that is the problem). It is a race killer and kills other peoples race in the process when you miss the shift on a restart going from 2nd to 3rd, it jumps to 1st. You wreck, you wreck people around you and your engine is damaged. I can't even explain how pissed off that I am about this problem no solution. I have spent around $700 on three shifters and replacement parts to repair this problem. For a long time now I have been using the sequential side of these shifters. I paid for an H-shifter that I can't even use. I have been silent about it thinking there would be a fix but there needs to be some research done by Fanatec on this issue and give us a solution. I've spent over $7000 with Fanatec since 2009 and they have great products (the best for the money). These shifters cannot be trusted any longer,

• Mine was misshifting constantly until I did this and now its flawless, I cant even get it to mess up if I try to mess it up.