ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module - compatibility?

Florian LichtFlorian Licht Member
edited May 2020 in Steering Wheels

Does anybody know the compatibility of the upcoming ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module?

I really hope they are also useable with the older Formula rims and not gonna be only for the V2's.

Any information would be nice.

Comments

• Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester

They use the very same connectors as the APM, so it's only compatible to every wheel which supports the APM

• Florian LichtFlorian Licht Member
    edited May 2020

so you can't upgrade an ''ClubSport'' Formula steeringwheel with the ''ClubSport'' Magnetic Module? That's pretty weird, really had looked forward to those, but then I have to stick with 3rd market shifter paddles for that one ;(

Anyway, thank you for the information...

• If it uses normal switches you can always change the connector to the older version and make it compatible with older wheels.

But it is still a long wait till end of q3 before we know more. Also hope they will supply some GT pedals.

edited May 2020

I understand that the APM is not compatible with the Formula clubsport series, because there you have the clutchbitepoint and additional paddles where you need a different connector type I guess.

But the ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module is just simply up and downshift and it's even named ''Clubsport'', so there should be at least a possibility to upgrade the Clubsport Formula rims with it, maybe an included connector adapter would be a solution.

edited June 2020

at 21:03 he shows it, 6 wire connector for up and downshift xD

can this be changed or is there maybe an adapter on the market?

• As said, only two-wired signal has to be needed in these so can't be difficult to just make connector-adapter for connect them. But when these are available I plan to buy few of these. I have many F wheels/hubs and alternatives, like SRM's(I have one old pair from them), are still more expensive.

• Yes agree, can't be too difficult, unless they don't want it and want you to force to buy a V2... I hope I'm wrong, but lets see.