DiRT Rally (PS4) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

edited October 2019 in DiRT
General Notes:
- The settings below are considered to be reasonable baseline values for DiRT Rally (PS4). They might not suit all tastes and driving styles, but they are a good starting point. Bear in mind that DiRT Rally uses a dynamic physics engine covering a broad range of cars and surfaces, meaning that these settings might not be 'optimal' for every possible driving scenario.

- Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for all Fanatec devices.

CSL Elite Wheel Base + / CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4™ (Compatibility mode)

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 1080 (shown as 108 on some displays)
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI -03
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
BRF User Preference
FEI 070

*SPR has no effect, DPR is directly connected to the Wheel Friction in-game setting.

In-Game Settings:
Vibration & Feedback: On
Self Aligning Torque: 75
Wheel Friction: 0
Tyre Friction: 42
Suspension: 75
Tyre Slip: 0
Collision: 50
Soft Lock: 50
Steering Center Force: 50

Comments

• edited May 2019
    never mind

• Is it possible to use this game with f1 PS4 podium and what are the recommended settings?

• Is it possible to use this game with f1 PS4 podium and what are the recommended settings?
    Unfortunately the Podium Racing Wheel F1 doesn't support the required compatibility mode for this game.
  • Hi, thank you for advised settings.

I am using a PS4 slim and CSL Elite with standard wheel from the PS4 package, purchased January 2010.

I have managed to set the wheel into compatibility mode and that it is recognized by Dirt Rally 1.0.

However, I had to restart Dirt about 3-4 times. What is the exact procedure? I will write down, what I think should work... but I am not sure it will work the next time.

1. Turn on the wheel - blue PS4-Mode.
    2. Press PS-Button on extra Controller to boot the PS4 from sleep and on wheel to connect it.
    3. Once the PS4 is running, I pressed and held the mode-button on the wheelbase: Compatibility mode
    4. PS4 says: "connection to controller lost"
    5. I select dirt and boot it with the regular controller.
    6. If I am lucky dirt recognizes the wheel.... if not I close the game completely and repeated 1-6.

Is there a more straight procedure? Thank you very much.

• Switch the mode once you are ingame and leave a controller ds4 on that helped me

• Salve a tutti, avrei una domanda per chi sarà così gentile da rispondermi.. ho un cslelite ps4 e nel gioco dirt il volante è normalmente riconsciuto..

il problema è che le tre opzioni di settaggio force feedback risultano oscurate, trazione autoallineante, attrito ruota e attrito pneumatico. Quindi il volante funziona con force da sospensione e collisione ma manca del ritorno forze delle opzioni suddette.

Preciso che uso consolle PS4. Qualcuno ha stesso problema o consigli.

Grazie anticipatamente per chi vorrà rispondere.

• edited September 2020

Are you serious?...

So I cant play Dirt Rally with the highest tech wheelbase but I can play it with the CSL Elite...the cheapest option?

When I bought this wheelbase I seem to recall the description stating it has the same level of compatibility as the CSL Elite wheelbase...

You best get with the tech team and correct this. Thats a HUGE false advertisement if this doesnt get sorted out.