iRacing (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

124»

Comments

• edited August 2020

This conversation is fascinating, as I found strength 6 to be way too weak for an F3 car on iracing, yet everyone here is saying it is too high.

I was using somewhere around 15, and it felt pretty realistic - I've not driven an F3 car, but have driven other single seaters. I'm also old enough to have driven road cars without power steering, not sure if that's a factor, but may impact people's frame of reference when they judge the heavyness.

I know it's personal preference, just interesting such a big difference. This is on a DD1, with the exception of strength all other settings the same as suggested.

• An F3 car produces around 10-12 Nm on the wheel in a turn (same for GT3 cars and F4) -> so you should be able to check on the OLED of the DD1 what your settings produce.

• So I'm very confused using Marcel's Fanalabs files...

In one thread it is stated "In the name of the profiles you can find the in Game FFB values as they differ from car to car (make sure to check the checkbox to use individual settings for each car in iRacing!). The first value in the name of the profile is the Max Force and the second value in the name of the profile is the Wheel Force which is equal to the Max Peak of the Tuning Menu FF setting."

Then in this thread it's stated to leave iRacing Wheel Force to 6 Nm. So are the settings for the BMW M8, with the file name 60|17Nm as shown below? If not what am I missing?

• Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    edited August 2020

No, those are completely wrong.

You are talking about MY profiles, not Marcels.

Dont touch anything in the Tuning Menu.

Only adjust in iracing. Ignore this Strength 6 which you saw in the recommended settings tab as that's a general setting and not even in Max Force but strength which is bad to use. (click on the word Strength to change to Max Force, then I think you will understand) .

in your example set Max Force to 60Nm, Wheel Force to 17Nm and leave the Tuning Menu as it is with FF66 or what it was originally set to. Don’t set it to 17, this would result in Max Peak Torque of 4Nm which is equal to Thrustmaster, no need for a DD then ..:D

• Maurice,

Thanks, and sorry about calling you Marcel....

I had it set the way you recommend, but the resistance was pretty high for my taste so I thought I would check to be sure I was using your setups correctly. A little fine tuning on my end and the feel is good.

Thanks again.