Project CARS 2 (Xbox One) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

edited June 2019 in Project CARS
General Notes:

- The settings below are considered to be reasonable baseline values for Project CARS 2 (Xbox One). They might not suit all tastes and driving styles, but they are a good starting point. Bear in mind that Project CARS 2 uses a dynamic physics engine covering a broad range of cars and tracks, meaning that these settings might not be 'optimal' for every possible driving scenario.

- In order to apply the suggested settings correctly, it is important to assign both the Tuning Menu values AND the suggested In-Game settings together.

- For the Podium Series settings, it is assumed that the Torque Key is being used.

- Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for all Fanatec devices.

Podium Wheel Base DD1 / Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 1080 (shown as 108 on some displays)
FF 40
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
NDP 25
NFR 16
BRF User Preference
FEI 80

In-Game Settings (Force Feedback Menu):
Flavour: Raw
Gain: 100
Volume: 60
Tone: 50
FX: 50

Podium Wheel Base DD2

Tuning Menu Settings:
FF 40
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
NDP 25
NFR 16
BRF User Preference
FEI 80

ClubSport Wheel Base V2

SEN 900
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI 002
BRF User Preference

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 900
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI -02
BRF User Preference
FEI 100

CSL Elite Wheel Base

Tuning Menu Settings:
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI 003
BRF User Preference
FEI 080

CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 / CSL Elite Wheel Base + / CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI -03
BRF User Preference
FEI 070

Comments

• Hello,
    I´ve got the problem that PC2 will not accept/applicate my DD1 (with drv 335). It´s only showing the Micrsoft xbox360 Wheel.
    The Wheel and the V3 Pedals (Gas & Brake ONLY - Clutch not) are working but.
    Do somebody know about this issue or a fix?
    Thx @ all :-)
  • Hello, I have the same problem and the clutch does not work.
  • Hi, I got my DD2 yesterday and have the same problem -  no clutch either and only shows Thrustmaster as an option for the make and Xbox wheel as the model.

Dirt Rally 2.0 on xbox recognises the DD2 no problems - did anyone have any luck fixing this on Project Cars 2?
  • Hello, I have the same problem as Christopher Rees with the DD1. Shows only Thrustmaster wheel and no clutch in Project Cars 2. Google have no answere. Anybody an Idee? Reinhard Benischek
  • I dont consider this a proper solution as the fanatec wheel is still not recognised as a fanatec wheel, however full functionality can be gained by manually assigning the clutch and gears under edit assignments then recalibrating the pedals. A note though, the game lost the settings upon restart and all had to be reentered. The second time this did not happen so not sure what is happening there. Hopefully it just continues to work without having to make the assignments every time the game is loaded. Reinhard Benischek - hope this helps. Not sure if we are losing anything of the fanatec direct drive experience though given the game is not picking the make and model up. Will have to compare on PC.
  • Can't get my DD2 to do anything other than try and break my thumbs off... with this game. Works fine in F1-2018. only shows generic xbox or thrustmaser and options... and when i try and use that... the settings are so far off my wheel just hops around like it's possessed

• Remi PrivetRemi Privet Member
    edited May 2020

I have a Big problem with these recommended settings with DD2. With Karting, it is just impossible to drive, there are enormous shocks at already 10mph... Can't do anything except break my arms... On other cars, it is also very difficult... What's going on there...

• And I have the same problème as Ryan, my formula V2 Wheel is n'ont recognised, it says that I have a Thrustmaster base...while I have a DD2...

Is there any Fanatec support there to help us...?

• rakh1rakh1 Member

Have been playing with my DD1 and Project Cars 2 on Xbox One. I too only seem to have a pre-selected Thrustmaster option but have followed the settings suggested above. However, I note that the settings above do not include the latest settings on the current firmware (so I have guessed those).

Works ok - but I find the steering quite boaty. I really struggle to drive it consistently. Starting to wonder if I might be better off using a PC :(

/R