Podium Wheel Bases (and Racing Wheels) discussion

1171819202123»

Comments

• Thx Maurice!

Is there any added benefits in using Fanalab?

I find it pretty messy tbh!

And thx guys for your inputs. DD1 delivered and installed with latest beta drivers . Absolutely flawless install and great feeling ootb ! I love it !

No I'm kinda lost on how to know what FF and in-game FF strength to use for each car...

And wish a could lower the crash peak torque 😱😱

• Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester

Pretty messy? Lol.

its a VERY powerful tool to control LEDs, Vibrations, adding additional FFB effects like a speed sensitive Dynamic Damper, saving hundreds of profiles which can also auto-load when you launch a game etc etc.

its everything but not messy if you got used to it.

• Well if I use only 1 game and drive in VR (so no leds or stuff). The interest is for speed sensitive effects right ? Are they usefull and recommended ?

• Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester

They can be really useful to prevent oscillation, yes.

Vibrations you would also feel in VR and that also adds immersion.

Let alone the possibility to save hundreds profiles for every car so you can fine tune the FFB for every car for perfection.. so also for Vr users FanaLab is very powerful.

• Ok I'll give it a try then.

Thx👍

• As for vibration I only have the csl elite with load cell so I suppose it's just the wheel vibrating right ?

• I've seen I am not the only one with the Podium wheelbase switching pedals/shifters/handbrake axis around mid-race...

I literally just got my ps4 DD1 bundle yesterday afternoon and this problem showed its face withing the first hour of testing. It has happened a total of 3 times in the 2 hours or so I have used it. For some reason it likes to happen in the middle of a race. The first time I was in the middle of a corner and my car stalled...I was sliding around using the throttle and the car just crawled to a stop. I went to go push in the clutch to start it back up and it revved up like the throttle. I went to go check the input bindings and without touching any buttons, random things were popping up and disappearing every second or two. I switched the wheelbase on and off and it fixed the issue temporarily.

I also woke up this morning and heard a high pitched whine coming from my rig. I stuck my ear close to the podium base and power supply and I think it was coming from the supply. Is that normal?

I have V3 pedals, 1.5 shifter, handbrake and a BMW GT2 wheel.

• edited August 2020

Hi Douglas,

Better create a support ticket from your products page on the website.

If you have a video of the issue to attach within your support ticket will be even better cause it is going to save you a few emails back and forth.

• We recently upgraded to 373.

I use DD1 + Universal Hub + Porsche Button Modulebox.

Button module box is not recognized. It is recognized only as Universal Hub.

• Hi,

what wheel is good and without issues. Is the Porsche Podium 911 GT3 a good one with the DD1?

Bernd

Yes

• do i have to activate ITM for the wheel still? in old driver there was a REG file. In the 373 Beta Drivers and 1.47 Fanalab there is no on.

Bernd

No, working out of box.