Fanatec Beta Driver V352/356 [DD Performance Update] for Podium Bases ONLY (all steering wheels)

Comments

• So if i choose to use this new driver, do i just add these to my existing preferences?

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester

The previous motor driver calculations acted like a filter, canceling out details. Now it is representing what comes from the game way more accurate but the downside of this is that by nature game FFB is quite noisy because of it's limitations of resolution and refresh rate. This is why we've added the Interpolation which on the default setting of 6 should feel and act very similar to how it was before with driver 346.

The red line is FFB coming from a game, the green line is what the Interpolation filter does.

Everyone who knows the OSW, SimuCube1 or SimuCube2 can compare this with their Reconstruction filter it's exactly the same, with Reconstruction filter off on the SimuCube2 it's very noisy and loud as well. That's why almost no one is turning it off and it's by default on there as well.

• awesome, thanks for clearing it up. appreciate it. Just a misunderstanding of it being a "new" filter, which I interpreted as there was no filter beforehand.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester

No the default settings don't cause any trouble, otherwise we wouldn't have put them as default. Are you complaining before even trying? Because it sounds like that right now.

• Which means, the better the interpolation is working the more details we should get without too much noise?

• Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited December 2019

no problems, just like v347 no problems?

Oh yeah, how about the flags, we don't get those anymore, just for a day or 2 ,right?

im asking pertinent questions of all aspects like fanatec doesn't care to do before they release things , you guys must get all over excited like we do.

Sounds like you are getting anxious to go home early, because id send u home talking to customers like that.

• Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester

The higher you set the Interpolation the more details you are loosing. Same like reducing FEI too much. Therefore I personally use a quite low INT filter of 4 and reduce the FEI from 100 down to 80. For me that combo gives the most precise FFB without having too much road noise vibrations etc.

• You guys are more than welcome to send me a brand new one with a call tag in it if you think it's going to solve my problems, how about just give me my money back or make it work. oh and can u do it before my 9 month warranty expires too?

Sorry for the confusion, somehow that information got lost somehow as I planned to make that more clear, added it now.

Please keep it informative if you have something to complain, do it in a constructive way which helps us to help you. If you read the first post you saw how you should report issues you have.

• Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited December 2019

Why don't you take your own advice slick!

Maybe the difference between question reaction and complaining is lost in your translation software.

ive said enough , thanks for playing

Then try again and say/ask what you want to say.

• i did follow the posted rules, like i said ,make a list or something because you are missing things and often

edited December 2019

Do you mean this, your post about 346 which sounds like a question but doesn't end with a "?".

Try if it's fixed for you, as it's not mentioned in the changelog and I don't know this from others I'm not sure if your problem is even caused by the driver or firmware.

No you didn't follow it as there is at least missing which firmware versions you've used.

It would help to describe the issue in more detail, for example steps to reproduce it and the exact things that are happening. As how you describe it it sounds really open and vague to me and I don't know how to try it myself or inform a developer to fix it because it can be anything or nothing.

• I can confirm for me this setting feels the best yet, I had some time now playing with the new settings. Thank you again! 😁

How do you like the new tool tips on the DD display when adjusting the tuning menu settings, are they helpful and understandable?

• Hi, found a small issue with my DD1 base. If i go to driver window and "Tuning Menu", then change [INT] FFB Interpolation Filter setting, very often some other settings like "[SEN], [FOR], [SPR], [DPR]", where changed too.

Did some laps with rF2 and FFB felt promising so far.

FanaLap V1.12 didn't work well with this driver, [SEN] setting changes for example. Had also some strange "signals" while turning the wheel.

Thanks for your effort !

• For me they are understandable and really help better understanding what each setting does 👌

One further question: If playing around with raw FFB just for fun, can the noise damage the motor in long terms? I ask, because it does not sound healthy at all 😣

• Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester

FanaLab is incompatible in many ways with this new version. You should not use FanaLab for a few days until a new FanaLab version comes out with support for all the new features.

• I'll wait until the Fanalab software is compatible thanks...

You won't damage anything. It's also very dependent on the game, for example the output in ACC with 333hz is by default significantly smoother then iRacing with 60hz. ACC I run with very little interpolation in comparison to iRacing.

• I have tested the new firmware with Forza Motorsport 7 and Dirt Rally 2.0 on Xbox One (Podium DD1). There is now something wrong with the sensitvity. I have to use the highest sensitivity (2520) on Forza to get the same result (before 900). On Dirt Rally 2.0 i have to use 1440 (before 540) to get a similar result.

The quick tips are very helpful. The new settings are welcome, but for me far too early to know which settings will give me the best result.

• Raw FFB already feels awful in ACC, I won't test this in iRacing then. 😅

The driver temp shown on the display is approximately 10°C "warmer" than with driver 346. Just as last feedback for today. After more testing now IMO this is the best driver and firmware overall for the DDs yet. Good Job there :)

edited December 2019

ACC I like one or two for INT as a max while iR i use 6. What is great about this and ACC is that it allows you to feel very useful vibration effects when overdriving the front tires or sliding around which helps to feel the limit better. The more I overdrive the front, the more vibration I get, so it helps to drive cleaner. Someone which is overdriving it a lot might feel too much vibration, not saying you do that. In addition I also started to feel speed and situation depended road noise which I couldn't get before in the same way. Of course it also depends on how strong the FFB or other effects are set in general, something like min force, curb or road effect enhancements of AC1 should be disabled.

• Did some additional testing with rF2 and Norma car at Sebring. Played a bit with "FFB Interpolation Filter". Starting with "OFF" Its very very rough here, not very practical. With "1" i could feel already some smoothing, still pretty rough. Setting "2" now it starts to become practical already. For now i gonna stick with "3" wich is still very agile but not to rough/noisy.

I could feel every step of setting, withoud the wish to have step between.

Some additional info:

[FF] 50%

[LIN] Off

[NDP] 20

[NFR] 10

[NIN] OFF

[INT] from OFF to 4

[FEI] 80

[FOR] 100%

[SPR] 100%

[DPR] 100%

[ABS] and [SHO] OFF

Car specific FFB multiplier in rF2: 0,68.

Tooltips at base display are useful indeed!

• Vor dem Update auf die neue Firmware und Treiber hat mein Wheel nicht oszilliert (NDP 30 NFR 10). Nun oszilliert es, selbst bei höheren Einstellungen (Raceroom). Muss ich es nun anders einstellen, bzw. wie, um das Oszillieren einzudämmen?

Meine aktuellen EInstellungen:

SEN Aut | FF 100 | LIN Off | NDP 30 | NFR 10 |NIN Off | INT 12 | FEI 80 | FOR 100 | SPR 100 | DPR 100 | ABS Off | SHO Off

Wheel Base Model (product ID): DD2

Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Formula V2

Driver Version: 352

Base FW Version: 669

Wheel FW Version: 28

• edited December 2019

Dr 352, Fw 669, Motor Fw 38.

Base DD2, Xbox Hub w/Podium APM

Windows 10/64bit, Version 1903, OS build 18362.535

When base is put into v2.5 mode Settings will Not Lock in correctly, Wheel properties settings page Keeps Switching between XBox Hub and Podium Hub.

Conclusion Dr, FW is unstable when wheel is in V2.5 mode...

I can't Comment on what's triggering it to happen yet Ex: Button press or particular setting moved ETC... or if Its just a random soft ware glitch.

Hope this Helps

Best Regards

Edit: Take Note when Video first starts the tuning Menu screen shows Podium Hub and as I talk and show the wheel display is in v2.5 mode it switched to Xbox Hub that Quickly i didnt even realize it while making the Video... I only just Noticed it as I watched the Video again.

Edit DD2 mode the: Dr/Fw also switches between Xbox Hub ad Podium Hub while in tuning menu .

Did you run the motor calibration of the settings tab after flashing the motor firmware?

This discussion has been closed.