Let us know what you think about your new tool!

Comments

• Patrick,it really sucks to hear that your having such lousy luck with your new gear. For what it all costs yould expect things to be a little more bullet proof.It sucks even more to have a person in this forum be so antagonistic. The only thing more frustrating than dealing with a defective purchace is dealing with some know it all Dr. Phil telling you you have no one but your self to blame and to stop whining.Im sure if you could fix it yourself you would.So far ive been extreamly lucky with my previous fanatec purchases. Unfortunately Ive not had such great luck with an individual in this forum who felt it was nessesary to constantly run his mouth in my direction .I stopped participating in these  discussions because of that individual .Im still waiting for my V2 and hopefully my unit has less issues than yours when it finally arrives.My advise, Dont throw the baby out with the bathwater unless its so dirty you cant get it clean. Good luck
  • Antoine GoossensAntoine Goossens Member, DD Beta Tester
    Oops...I mixed up two people...my reply is totally meant for Andrew...
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited January 2015
    Every Electronic Device Has issues... I Had to Send my Furst Fanatec Wheel Back For RMA also... My First Ither Wheel for XB1 went out in Me also.... I Have Not Had any Probs with my CSR Elite Ever... as they Make these wheels Stronger and Stronger alot of use Over Drive/Work the wheels with Excessive FFB Demands...I Dont use any of My Wheels on 100% once i get it Dialed in Comfortably its Not Necessary...Now the Down Side is that they Can Make FW that Cuts the FFB to a Level that Wont Damage the wheel but then you get Games that the FFB Needs to be Cranked up and Dont Have the Extra FFB Needed to Do So. Remember the CSW V1 the Motors were going out due to Excessive FFB Demands so they Cut it with a FW update and Every 1 Was Mad about that.... Sure they could use More Expensive Parts but then Most Couldnt afford the wheel. So when using the wheel i just Choose to be Reasonable and Not Expect More FFB than i Actually Need...Any More FFB than you Need is Extra. My Z does 160mph but i only drive it 65 to 80 if i Drive it at 160mph every day all day it would break down too.

You know what GD you know how supportive I have been of Fanatec in the past even with all the problems I have had stuck my neck out to defend against the petty gripes about pricing and other ridiculous rants that have come about from time to time.

My question to you is if you were so entirely happy with your Fanatec Products and their durability why did you buy the Thrustmaster? Seems you were fishing on the other side of the lake to see if the fish were any better?

AFM I* started with an 89 dollar momo black that it took 3 years before the shifter springs started to break and 4 years for it to become sloppy. I have not gotten the same durability out of any of my Fanatec products.

I did however buy a G27 since owning my V1 because I only paid new 208 dollars delivered to my door. At least I'll  always have a backup wheel which is mandatory when using a Fanatec wheel as your primary.

The only reason I bought the v2 because I have always tried to take Thomas at his word when he says new efforts toward quality control were being made to better ensure trouble free operation of Fanatec products I want to believe him(I believe he is a good dude) however here it is less then a month and the rear fan was making the same noise a worn out fan makes before it dies.

I call this a joke and Fanatec will never learn that nickel and diming on internal parts will cost them more in the long run on just reimbursing shipping costs for RMA alone.

As for any of you that are okay with when needed sending your products back for RMA okay for you I have had to do this way too many times and I baby my Sim Gear as much as possible so it's not me it's the contracted labor Thomas uses in china!

• Oops...I mixed up two people...my reply is totally meant for Andrew...
    haha, I think you got me all mixed up too, maybe I shouldn't have been so harsh on Patrick. Then again, maybe both Patrick and I will think twice before being so negative in the future..

Sorry Patrick!  #-o
    Sorry for the mix up Dillon. 707 (mix up/up side down) hahahaha
  • Andrew Clark     I only bought the TM Wheel because it was Not Clear if Fanatec would ever make a wheel for XB1.... But as i Stated on Fanatecs old forum that when they make a Wheel for XB1 that i would be in on the First Pre Order List... Even though i Bought a TM wheel (I even Have the TPX adapter so i can use my CSP pedals with it) i was True to my word and loyal to Fanatec... If it was Clear that they would make a Wheel i would have waited for Fanatec... as you see in the Pic its Fanatec 3 to 1 other wheel... Fanatec Makes Great Products at affordable prices...other wheels that May or may Not be Better cost $1,500 more than the CSW v2 and they break down also and are Not Console compatible... There is No Other wheel in this price Range that can Compare to Fanatecs CSW v2 ,The CSW v1 or the CSR elite... Im No Fan boy i just call it the way it is.  Yes i want a Reliable product but some time things happen and you get a lemon its not the end of the world RMA it or Refund it and move on.... Life is tooo Short to complain and be mad over things/products you can refund and walk away from. jmo
  • edited January 2015
    Just noticed something that could have turned into a serious problem. The five little screws inside the steering shaft on the base were loose as hell. I took them out one at a time and put locktite on them. I think there is a chance of stripping the threads if the steering is used while they are that loose.

Careful not to over tighten them as I am not sure how much tension they can take.
  • That's the second report of loose screws. Lots of noisy fans. Quality control?
  • Well, all I can say is I've got a CSS SQ shifter that I LOVE now, a Formula Black, BMW GT, and a GT Flat w/ Hub wheel that are just itching for the end of January.  

It's too bad to hear of these issues but there are bound to be a few niggles in production of a brand new product.  I hope when mine arrives its all good but at least, I am now prepared for maybe a louder than usual fan.  I generally use headphones anyway, but don't want to wake the wife and boy upstairs...  

In any case, seems Fanatec is there to help if things aren't going as planned.  

...is it January 30th yet?  
    :)
  • If any one can help. That would be great. I just tried to turn on my new V2 wheel and it will not turn on. power is going to the power brick and wheel is getting power you can feel resistance in the wheel but no lights are on and the power brick is making a very faint buzzing sound. I have sent in a ticket to Fanatec no response as of yet. Thank you for any ideas. 

• GREAT news I found out why my wheel didnt not work and was doing this. We prob should sticky this somewhere. I had my wheel plugged into a usb 3.0 hub. I never would have thought that would have been the problem but it was. As soon as I plugged it into the usb 2.0 it began flashing a blue light and I loaded the updated firmware and BINGO it WORKS! I really thought I had a bricked wheel. No to download some racing games on the new rig I just finished building last night. WOO HOO!!!!
    edited January 2015
    Didn't have that problem with updating mine. I did it on the 3.0 USB port.
  • edited January 2015
    My F1  Rim came Friday and Wow what a difference it make when driving F1 or Prototype cars!!!!
    I would have never guessed that it would make such a difference But it really Does!!!   The Smaller Rim Size and shape just let me drive right into the corner Sooo Much faster while still maintaining total control...I cant do that with the Porsche Rim because of the Bigger turning radius of the Rim Reaction time is the same but turn in response is slower.

Now the Joke is That other wheel that i have thats XB1 Compatible... The Main stock Rim and the aftermarket GT Rim are the same Size as the Fanatec F1 Rim and the Porsche Rim totally Dwarfs all of them in size... That Might be why i Don't like FM5 because the cars either turn tooo Much and skid out or just not at all!!! that other wheel that's Xb1 Compatible the Rim Size is Waaay small to Drive GT Cars.....also i Dunno if it gets Hot or its Clipping but it shuts the FFB Off and you have to reset it often.... I Haven't played FM5 in months because of that.... I Cant wait until Fanatec releases its XB1 Rim.

Edit: I also find that using the F1 Rim i have to turn Down the FFB ...Due to the smaller rim size the FFB Feels Much stronger.
  • Just noticed something that could have turned into a serious problem. The five little screws inside the steering shaft on the base were loose as hell. I took them out one at a time and put locktite on them. I think there is a chance of stripping the threads if the steering is used while they are that loose.

Careful not to over tighten them as I am not sure how much tension they can take.
    Yep, happened to me too. You know it when your wheel rocks to and fro. Or left and right

I couldn't believe it. After 1 hour of hard sim racing the wheel rocked left and right in a horizontal plane, as if the main bearing was gone! I had to check that the quick release was engaged completely. And it was! 

Panic was replaced with relief when I found this issue. All good now. Just check it and beware.

5 little hex screws need tightening. Check your wheels also (4 hex screws in wheel). My 918RSR wheel was also loose.

That aside, AWESOME experience!
    @Grimey Dog, do you tune your cars, in FM5, yourself or use dl tunes. I tune my own cars and turn in responce is manageable when tuning...

If you don't know how...check www.pendulumtuning.freeforums.org there are some real good tunes to find and help with tuning is all ways given when asked.

Learned how to myself over there.
  • Andrew Clark     I only bought the TM Wheel because it was Not Clear if Fanatec would ever make a wheel for XB1.... But as i Stated on Fanatecs old forum that when they make a Wheel for XB1 that i would be in on the First Pre Order List... Even though i Bought a TM wheel (I even Have the TPX adapter so i can use my CSP pedals with it) i was True to my word and loyal to Fanatec... If it was Clear that they would make a Wheel i would have waited for Fanatec... as you see in the Pic its Fanatec 3 to 1 other wheel... Fanatec Makes Great Products at affordable prices...other wheels that May or may Not be Better cost $1,500 more than the CSW v2 and they break down also and are Not Console compatible... There is No Other wheel in this price Range that can Compare to Fanatecs CSW v2 ,The CSW v1 or the CSR elite... Im No Fan boy i just call it the way it is.  Yes i want a Reliable product but some time things happen and you get a lemon its not the end of the world RMA it or Refund it and move on.... Life is tooo Short to complain and be mad over things/products you can refund and walk away from. jmo
    I am happy that you have had better long term luck with your Fanatec products than I have. If this was my first issue I would not call it too big of a deal but it's not it has been just about every Fanatec product I have ever purchased. There is no question that when working properly Fanatec Products are great even going back to my GT3 RS a wheel I thought felt a bit better then my g27. However like most of my Fanatec stuff that went through RMA as well. I never expect to ever have a problem with my G27 it is bullet proof as compared to a Fanatec Product it just doesn't feel as nice. I hear of people with 7 or 8 year old G25's that have never had a problem with them and could still fetch 100 dollars or better for them.
  • Does this Happen to any 1 else... My CSP v1 pedals Lose Calibration and will Not Give Full Throttle ... Its not a Issue with the CSW v2 because this would happen with my CSR Elite also... I Have taken pedals apart  Many Times Cleaned and Readjusted the Magnets & Sensors but it still Continues to happen.... Does this happen to any 1 else.... when they work they work fine but they just lose the calibration in the Middle of races frustrating!
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited January 2015
    I have the CSR Elite pedals. Never had an  issue. Maybe some components have been changed for the CSP v1, or maybe firmware issues. By the way, we are all having far too many discussions relating to quality issues. All fine and good that many aren't, but too many are. I'd rather wait an extra week or whatever while the components are put through QA than get a device that was pooched right out of the factory. Loose screws, noisy fans; that is simple stuff to check and unacceptable that it is faulty given the money being exchanged. 

• Jakob LachJakob Lach Member
    edited January 2015
    Yeah Grimey Dog...it happens to me aswell. Got new sensors from Fanatec years ago but it did not change anything. It seems to happen at random times.
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited January 2015
    Does this Happen to any 1 else... My CSP v1 pedals Lose Calibration and will Not Give Full Throttle ... Its not a Issue with the CSW v2 because this would happen with my CSR Elite also... I Have taken pedals apart  Many Times Cleaned and Readjusted the Magnets & Sensors but it still Continues to happen.... Does this happen to any 1 else.... when they work they work fine but they just lose the calibration in the Middle of races frustrating!

It might be a hall sensor I had to have the sensors replaced on my CSP v1's but have not had any problems with the sensors on my v2's

At Jakob at the moment I am using my v1's because I have developed the squeaky throttle pedal and need to re-lube the bearings on my v2's. When I first plugged the v1's back into my wheel I had a couple of calibration issues but I learn that if at boot up of the wheel I then open the profiler and depress all the pedals they calibrate and hold their calibration until the next boot up

• I recently got my CSW v2 and a used formula rim. Since then I am forced to swtich to pc gaming. As long as I check the calibration with the property page, everything seems to work fine and I can confirm your experience Andrew.

The whole issue occured mostly when I was playing console racing games. Since most games do not show you your pedal positions, your only feedback was the lack of top speed at the end of the longest straight on your current track.
  • You have no idea on what you talking about.
    The one on the side is a 70 x 70 x 10 mm size fan
    24Volts and Medium Speed
    What every medium speed means from that manufacturer.

Now we are coming to the problem fan the back one.
    This is a special fan without a frame arround.
    The frame of the fan its the cover itself.
    It get mounted in the middle of the rotor
    I guess the rotor have the same size as the one from a normal 70mm fan.
    You simply get no replacement for it.

This fans simply sucks!

For me the cooling solution is a faulty design.
    They made a good new wheel with better performance than the old one, but they hadn't enough space for some normal sized fans like "silent" 80mm ones.
    They simply not fit in that case, otherwise they had to make the case bigger.

The only thing you can do now is send the wheel back if one of the fans fail.

LMAO!!! Ok So just Send your wheel Back then And Never Buy any More Fanatec Wheels then :((
    Im Pretty Sure Fanatec is Not Going Out of Business because your Not Satisfied :)
    As For Me My Wheel Is working Just Fine :D ....I Really Do understand your Frustration because such a great Wheel and it just Sucks for you that you cant Enjoy it too [-X ooooh well better luck with your next wheel Brand...Bye Chow Tooodalooo  Seee ya!!!

No it's about at least 80% of the products I have ever purchased from Fanatec have either needed a repair or replaced within the first year. The standards for Quality assurance are less than a DFGT from Logitech at a fraction of the price. While Johannes is a good guy and has been helpful I have had to deal with him way too many times and I feel quite sorry for all he has to endure.

So no it's not just one faulty fan it is a string of Fanatec products that have had issues and I no longer need the stress of dealing with it. At this point I would rather throw my Fanatec gear in the nice deep lake behind my house then ever have to bother Johannes again.

I have a V1.5 wheel base with no issues and i also have the v2 pedals with no prob.  I did however buy a new clubsport shifter and had the issue everyone had.  I will say Fanatec customer support was great.  They quickly handled the issue with no problems and had a new shifter out to me in no time.  Its unfortunate you are unhappy and no one in this forum can make you feel any different.
  • edited January 2015
    I Can Feel My Wallet Getting Lighter already Because of the CSW v2!!! I Have to Get a Gaming PC Now!!! Ive Been Using the Wheel to Play GT6 and the More i Use it and Get the Wheel Dialed in the Better it Feels!!! I Know there us Sooo Much More that the CSW v2 can Do When used on a Good PC... any 1 Have any Specs on what i Should Look for to Build a Good Gaming PC? or a Web site that Sell Good Gaming PC's Ready Made... I was Trying to wait for the XB1 Rim & Project Cars to be Released but Idunno if i can wait that Long.
    I Know this Wheel will Be amazing on XB1 because it Feels Great on PS3!!!
  • Antoine Goossens I Can tune in Forza but i always Drive the Car Stock First for a Bit before i Tune... The Car Has to Show Potential before i Spend alotta time Tuning it... I Will put the Propper Tires on and Balance the Car with Aero to give it the Shortest Braking Line First and Drive it With a Stock Tune... Most of the Time i Can Run Really Fast Laps with Just that Done top 3 to 5% on the Leader boards... For Me its More about Propper Line & Braking in the Corners. Some of the Cars like the Lotus Soon as you Turn at a Fast Speed the Car Gets Side ways but that Maybe Because the Other wheel that works on XB1 Has Such a Small Rim that any Movement Has a Huge Turn Effect.
    Ive Never Realy Been impressed with Forza Wheel Physics Not even on the XB360. I Never Realy Gave GT5 or 6 a Fair Chance until the CSW v2 because i was Used to Playing XBox... The Wheel Physics for Last Gen Consoles is Definitly Better on PS3... and its Not just the CSW v2 why i Say this PS3 even feels better on my CSR Elite than the XB360.
    Hmzzzzz, maybe it's time to dust of my PS3, buy the BMW rim and do some GT5 racing again....
    Nahhh...I'll wait till the XOne rim and PCars hit my home...I like Forza too much...
    Always felt GT series were more arcadie racing. And lauzie sounds from engine and car sliding.
  • Send Me a Friend Invite
    Xbox tag "GrimeyDog"
    PS3 tag "Grimey_Dog"

Any 1 who wants to Run a Few Feel Free to Add Me XBox or Ps
  • Send Me a Friend Invite
    Xbox tag "GrimeyDog"
    PS3 tag "Grimey_Dog"

Any 1 who wants to Run a Few Feel Free to Add Me XBox or Ps
    I went ahead and added you just so I could send you into the wall a few times.. kidding about the wall part of course :D
  • My Custom Built PVC Set up... I took the Seat out a Subaru Impreza and Made a Base for it (Notice the Butt Kicker) So that it Feels the Same as when im Driving My 350z!!! Ready To Race All Night!!!
    I'll add you too Grimey, mines Kain NL, so if you see that one pop up.
    Do you also have the TH8A shifter Grimey ? If so, do you wanna test if that one works on the V2 base with the packaged 8 din to RJ.. cable.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited January 2015
    deleted