Fanatec Beta Driver V361 (now V365) for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• didn't notice that, true ....

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester

That you get shown an error means you seem to have a different kind of this issue, for others the base freezes before a message like this can even show up. You Could try a quite old driver like 335 or the quite new one 356 to see if it makes any difference there.

If nothing of this helps you sadly need to contact support.

• Unluckily even on another PC with fresh driver installation doesn't show another result. So sadly you seem to be right that I need to contact support. Thx for your help anyway.

• Hi,

HI Marcel, these are beta drivers so People should know we can have issues, I know you are trying to improve for all, sometimes we have to make a sacrifice for getting right drivers, im sure we will get a solution. Maybe there are People here could help you programming, you should announce that, we are a community. Any one have problems when connecting handbrake to podium DD1? with LAST DRIVERS? Im using these drivers now.

-Problems i had with drivers of the picture i have uploaded:

. connecting to different usb 3.0 do not work panel settings.

. Freezing base dd1 playing assetto corsa randomly. (i have tried a printer cable usb as you recommended and it seems to work ok)

. Joystick axis up/down inverted (with 361 it is Fixed)

. Handbrake dont work conected to dd1 base, or usb adapter or v3 pedals.

These are my main issues with drivers of picture.

By the moment, I will wait for installing v361 drivers.

• My DD1 still disconnects or refuses to work randomly. Suddenly no steering input any more, Wheel turns to the right on its own until it stops, can't be switched off or doesn't react on any input so that I had to pull the power plug. The game was Raceroom. What was strange that I had to remap the wheel buttons and axis after I started R3E a 2nd time. After restart the wheel worked with same car and track.

DD1, PBME, no ITM, Fanalab not installed this time, Base FW 672, Motor FW 38, Wheel FW 11, Hub FW 2

I will do some more testing also with ACC this evening.

• Seems like my problem isn't specially related to 361 driver as people reporting the same error before :

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/1645/mclaren-gt3-firmware-update-fail

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester

Even in your case driver 346 and downgrading the fw didn't help?

• edited March 2020

yes, downgraded my DD1 and my old CLS Elite PS4 to 346 and the error stays the same.

I think the main problem is that the wheel is recognized as Formula V2 rim.

• Where's the download? Checked, like, 10 times, but cannot spot it :(

• Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester

Its written quite big in the first post...

Download removed because a user can't update his steering wheels anymore, we need to investigate this first and don't want that more people are having this issue.

• phuu after annyoing the support team with my firmware problem I still was able to solve it myself.

Downloaded the latest shown driver (311) which is listed on the download page for the McLaren GT rim and finally this version was able to recognise my rim as McLaren rim again. After successfully flashing also driver 256 was able to recognize the rim correctly and update the firmware again :)

Thx Maurice and Marcel for your help.

• @Marcel Pfister should I roll back to 356, even if I got 361 working?

• Maurice,

I could not find the link to 361?

Bill

• they have deleted it because it gives problems ...

• Thank You, would have been helpful if that was the first sentence in the update description.

• I downloaded the 361 driver package this morning. Installed it on my laptop and updated the firmware on my CSL Elite base with the P1 rim attached. Everything went well and works like a charm. Sorry to hear some people have issues with upgrading. I use my wheel only on PS4 and updated from driver package 347, maybe this information helps. I surely hope Fanatec can help everybody out who had a problem with this latest driver package and deliver a new driver as soon as possible.

• Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester

The only issues with upgrading actually affects users with upgradeable steering wheels like McLaren where the Bootloader doesnt work properly. Base and Motor Firmware Update is actually no problem.

• Would be helpful if people would read the entire post...

• Okay got the 2nd freeze with my DD1 on the new driver package. This time the wheel would have gone to the right with high force, if I wouldn't have pulled the plug.

One new issue I have found: The LEDs for TC and ABS occasionally freeze until the next impulse, but this might be a Fanalab issue with the new firmware?

Wheel Base Model (product ID): DD1

Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Podium Porsche GT3 Wheel

Driver Version: 361

Base FW Version: 672

Wheel FW Version: 11

FanaLab Version: 1.24

• Is this new Driver an improvment for the DD wheel bases?

• No, only fixes. I don't feel any difference while driving.

• I know the driver has been taken down but it was stated that if someone wanted to try it anyway to contact Maurice Böschen but I am wondering what if anything it does for the DD wheel bases as there isnt section for the DD bases in the notes on pg 1. TY

The main problem seems to update the wheels so if you don't need to do that you should be fine.

Sorry I've put it at the end where the download used to be, will add it to the beginning as well.

No not Maurice, I've created the first post and was the one uploading 😉

Do I understand it correctly that you don't have a DD? Which Base are you using?

• yes I have a DD1 but also a CSL Elite PS4. On the DD1 I did the first flashing of the MClaren rim when my problem arised.

I downgraded the DD1 to 346 and 356 and my rim was always detected as Fomula V2 rim in the flashing proccess.

Then I didn't wanted to mess around anymore with the firmware on my new DD1 and I used the CSL Elite PS4 for further tests.

The CSL Elite PS4 i downgraded to 346 and the wrong detection of my wheel as Formula V2 stayed.

At last I tested firmware 311 on CSL ELite PS4 and then the wheel was detected as MClaren GT3 again in flash process and I was able to flash the wheel again.

As last step I connected the wheel to my DD1 again with firmware 356 and again I was able to update the wheel to the newer firmware again.

• I did this update to my CSW v2. FFb seems to be more responsive than before... at the moment i like it... But i get the feeling, that the motor is running to hard... dont know how to discribe.. at the Center you could feel some more resistance, that werent there before... Im afraid anything could go hot or broke. Tested it with ACC with 90%Gain 0%MinForce 100%Damping 15%RoadEffects

This discussion has been closed.