Delivery of the Podium Wheel Bases UPDATE2

Comments

• Out of topic but, when will the Podium driving wheel be available? April? 
      The Podium Racing Wheel F1 is due to launch at the end of April, alongside the Podium Wheel Base DD1 and Podium Wheel Base DD2.
    Sooo Dom, how are we looking now bud,

Can I take it that your comment means that alls well,and no other complications have arisen.
    Can we expect any boosts inperformance with this extra research and development time or is this extra time only mearly to fix the original problems ? 
    BTW can we get a peak of the software UI  
    X_X
    I can't provide specifics, but the extra development time is being used effectively, which means performance improvements through fine tuning, and our electronics are more robust. No software teasing yet, sorry!
  • Thank you Dom, that's all we ask. Just an update/report of some sort every now and again. Cheers mate.
  • Thanks for the infos Dominic.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    Anyone here from Quebec, Canada? 
  • Thank you Dom, that's all we ask. Just an update/report of some sort every now and again. Cheers mate.
    thanks for what?  there is no info in his text.  he said "  I cant provide specifics" and " No software teasing yet"   the middle part are just random phrases like you can hear from any kind of politican.  

thanks for what?  there is no info in his text.  he said "  I cant provide specifics" and " No software teasing yet"   the middle part are just random phrases like you can hear from any kind of politican.  

image Here we go, someones gotta start something
  • 90 days left :)   lets hope our wheels arrive safely!  
  • 90 days left :)   lets hope our wheels arrive safely!  

:(( :(( :(|) My DD1 and wheel was in that ship.....LMAO!!!!  :)) :))
  • Petr MiskerikPetr Miskerik Member
    edited January 2019
    90 days left :)   
    don't be so sure,
    there is no update at all, nobody knows yet...
  • My G25, still going strong!
  • I saw a post from simracinggirl in instagram driving with the DD. It is February, it would be great any news from Thomas about how is going the issues and if finally it is completely solved and working. :)
  • Is there any news on the new Porsche Podium Wheel?
  • I saw a post from simracinggirl in instagram driving with the DD. It is February, it would be great any news from Thomas about how is going the issues and if finally it is completely solved and working. :)
    hi, you have a link to this photo? i cant find any media on her channels.
  • edited February 2019
    Thomas made a statement about the DD in the new thread on steering wheel compatibility. Not much to report, but for those hanging on every official word....

Cory Clark said:
    Thanks for clarfying that for all those who wanted it....

Now, how about the status of the DD1? Are we still on schedule for late April launch or possibly early shipments like the LE F1 Wheel? :D
    Things look good so far. We will use the time and do more testing but nothing tells me that we cannot meet the target date this time.

• In spanish: but VRS school is making their own DD and they sent already the first prototypes to the youtubers! Interesting :)
  • Marvin WeghMarvin Wegh Member
    edited February 2019
    Is there any Update regarding killswitch for the DD1? Will it shutdown the whole DD System oder only cutoff the FFB? What about price and aprox. availability?

I have a DD1 on pre-order and would like to buy a killswitch in addition. 
  • edited February 2019
    Is there any Update regarding killswitch for the DD1? Will it shutdown the whole DD System oder only cutoff the FFB? What about price and aprox. availability?

Now thats a good question. And Iam sure that most of the DD1 buyers would love to know the answer to that too  *-:)

• Is there any Update regarding killswitch for the DD1? Will it shutdown the whole DD System oder only cutoff the FFB? What about price and aprox. availability?

Since its primary function is safety, it will shut off the base completely. It can then be restarted via the integrated power button. We're aiming to launch the stand-alone KS at the same time as the direct drive bases, but I can't comment on the price at this time.
  • Hey Dominic. Seeing as the primary function of the kill switch is safety. Your implying that the base is capable of causing physical damage....correct?
    If so..... with regards to Health and safety regulations shouldn't the Kill switch be included as standard rather than a additional optional extra at cost?
  • Hey Dominic. Seeing as the primary function of the kill switch is safety. Your implying that the base is capable of causing physical damage....correct?
    If so..... with regards to Health and safety regulations shouldn't the Kill switch be included as standard rather than a additional optional extra at cost?
    I have no idea what it actually does, but I am guessing this is the reasoning behind the "Torque Key" so that when the item is shipped it is more or less shipped with a reasonble torque,(safe or even CSW 2.5 safe) and its up to you as the user to turn off/ turn on the key to unleash the real power.
    I guess you can see where  iam going with this  
    [-X But like I said i have no idea and could be compleatly wrong.
  • edited February 2019

Hey Dominic. Seeing as the primary function of the kill switch is safety. Your implying that the base is capable of causing physical damage....correct?
    Any mechanical device is capable of causing physical damage, including our CSL and ClubSport Series bases. There is no health and safety requirement for including a killswitch in these products. They are fully certified for home use, and we strongly recommend that you read the user manual carefully and treat the device with respect. Hughie is correct, all three Podium Series direct drive systems include a Torque Key that limits the output for basic safety. And let's not forget that the DD1 is not as powerful as the DD2.

Bear in mind that direct drive systems have unique applications (the CAN bus port is there as preparation for this) where an E-stop might be particularly important. For most consumer users, the benefit is more about having a convenient remote power button.
  • That’s really fair, thanks to all Fanatec staff. Any commercial gesture can be done too to all customers that have pre-ordered a formula V2 wheel, initially announced on february the14st and who have received an email informing them that delivery was delayed to february the 28th? Thank you for your unserstanding!
  • Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    That’s really fair, thanks to all Fanatec staff. Any commercial gesture can be done too to all customers that have pre-ordered a formula V2 wheel, initially announced on february the14st and who have received an email informing them that delivery was delayed to february the 28th? Thank you for your unserstanding!
    Why would Fanatec have to do so? This is just a 2 week delay. No other company in the world is compensating their customers with anything when they have to delay their products. People really are spoiled these days...
  • I ask Jesus all the time for things I don't deserve.
  • That’s really fair, thanks to all Fanatec staff. Any commercial gesture can be done too to all customers that have pre-ordered a formula V2 wheel, initially announced on february the14st and who have received an email informing them that delivery was delayed to february the 28th? Thank you for your unserstanding!
    Why would Fanatec have to do so? This is just a 2 week delay. No other company in the world is compensating their customers with anything when they have to delay their products. People really are spoiled these days...
    Oh sorry... I didn't think that it was such a disrespectful request...But if everybody thinks that's it is normal for a professional well known company to ask a customer (at the last minute) to wait 2 more weeks after a 6 weeks delay, ok, I shut my mouth.

And sorry to hear that no company in the world is compensating customers for delayed orders... we definitely don't live in the same world (or country? :-)).
  • Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    edited February 2019
    That’s really fair, thanks to all Fanatec staff. Any commercial gesture can be done too to all customers that have pre-ordered a formula V2 wheel, initially announced on february the14st and who have received an email informing them that delivery was delayed to february the 28th? Thank you for your unserstanding!
    Oh sorry... I didn't think that it was such a disrespectful request...But if everybody thinks that's it is normal for a professional well known company to ask a customer (at the last minute) to wait 2 more weeks after a 6 weeks delay, ok, I shut my mouth.

And sorry to hear that no company in the world is compensating customers for delayed orders... we definitely don't live in the same world (or country? :-)).
    There was never a 6 week delay in the first place?! And no, Kunos Simulazioni for example is not giving away any compensation for the 0.6 delay which was moved to next week and I am sure they also won't give any free goodie when they will announce the very likely delay of version 1.0 until summer. I have pre-ordered many things from lot of companies and a delay actually is nothing new in this world and quite normal for pre-order stuff and this happened to me already several times but I never got any compensation. Fanatec is the only company I know of which gave a free goodie for the DD delay but I absolutely don't expect to get a compensation for a 2 week delay which can have several reasons, most probably the ship with the goods didn't arrived in time or customs make stress etc etc. A 2 week delay is nothing dramatic as the DD delay was

There was never a 6 week delay in the first place?! And no, Kunos Simulazioni for example is not giving away any compensation for the 0.6 delay which was moved to next week and I am sure they also won't give any free goodie when they will announce the very likely delay of version 1.0 until summer. I have pre-ordered many things from lot of companies and a delay actually is nothing new in this world and quite normal for pre-order stuff and this happened to me already several times but I never got any compensation. Fanatec is the only company I know of which gave a free goodie for the DD delay but I absolutely don't expect to get a compensation for a 2 week delay which can have several reasons, most probably the ship with the goods didn't arrived in time or customs make stress etc etc. A 2 week delay is nothing dramatic as the DD delay was
    Fanatec announced first a 6 weeks delay when I pre-ordered. At the end of the delay, the last day of the 6 weeks, I received an email asking me to wait 2 more weeks. That's not a big deal, you're right.

I am also a professional "seller" in another domain, and I won't be offended if a customer asks me something in compensation in such a situation.

But ok, sorry to have made such a "silly" request.
    edited February 2019

Fanatec announced first a 6 weeks delay when I pre-ordered. At the end of the delay, the last day of the 6 weeks, I received an email asking me to wait 2 more weeks. That's not a big deal, you're right.

I am also a professional "seller" in another domain, and I won't be offended if a customer asks me something in compensation in such a situation.

But ok, sorry to have made such a "silly" request.
    You must mix-up things here... The ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 Xbox always was set to be released 14th February. There was never a 6 week delay of this product because it was never supposed to be released end of December or early January... This is now the first delay of this product...
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    edited February 2019
    I don't think it's fair to expect Fanatec to give any compensation for a two week delay. They have been quite accommodating when it came to delays with things in the past including most recently the DD wheels. Offering a free wheel seems very generous for a company trying to deliver the best quality product possible. Two weeks is quite common.