Delivery of the Podium Wheel Bases UPDATE2

Comments

• I am in the same position as Troy, but I would like to know is the QR anything more than just a QR i thought we was waiting for an all new podium universal hub module, when is this expected? I want to build my own wheel with all it's own buttons.
    There will be a new Podium Hub, yes. This will be a simplified Universal Hub without any button boxes or Shifter paddles which reduces weight and cost. You can then attach the separate already available ClubSport Quick Release to the back of the new Podium Hub. It's all modular: Quick Release, Hub, Button Box, shifter paddles, steering Wheel.
    So what your saying is ... I am still better off to get the current universal hub as this won't be upgraded in the foreseeable future. The universal hub is exactly what I need to be honest, I hear it also comes with a QR... is this suitable for a DD wheel?
  • So what your saying is ... I am still better off to get the current universal hub as this won't be upgraded in the foreseeable future. The universal hub is exactly what I need to be honest, I hear it also comes with a QR... is this suitable for a DD wheel?
    The current universal hub has everything you need and is compatible with the DD base (infact from the video above, it looks like they use it to stress test them). The Podium version can be optioned upt to have the same thing with higher level gear. We know it'll have magnetic shifters as opposed to the standard switch ones. THe buttons look like they may be nicer as well. But the release date for any of that is unknown, while the current one is available now.
  • Jean MarthJean Marth Member
    edited March 2019
    So finally I was ready to preorder and just realized that the release is postponed to 14th June now?

edit: ok, just saw it, 1st batch sold out.

• How is it with the free steering wheel, who pre-ordert?
  • How is it with the free steering wheel, who pre-ordert?
    The ended up giving us a code to use as a store credit.

I spent my credit on a CSW v2.5 (with a little extre money).  I didn't want to wait 6 more months for an upgrade, so it worked out great for me. People waiting on the wheel will be receiving it in may as it's the 2019 LE model which hasn't even been seen yet.
  • 40 days to go
    X_X
  • Mario on day 20.. We want an everyday countdown ????
  • 30 days left! 
    <:-P
  • edited April 2019
    I believe it when I see it.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    I believe it when I see it.
    Be positive ;)
  • I am more excited than Mario believe me, I'm just not getting my hopes up to avoid disappointment had plenty of that.

When its in my hand I will most likely be like  ^:)^
  • Do we have a time limit to using the free Voucher? Can we wait for the podium hub to use the voucher? Thanks
  • Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    Do we have a time limit to using the free Voucher? Can we wait for the podium hub to use the voucher? Thanks
    It's valid 1 year.
    it is pure pain & pleasure at the same time:)

i feel like a freak already...wake up every morning, check forums, check youtube, seeking for any kind of news:)
    wanted always a dd wheel, since first time i hear of this new way to enjoy virtual driving.
    sadly more or less i wasted all the years on gran turismo 5/6, and forget all the joy&freedom of pc sims. just because it was more fun to ride with friends then driving alone on pc:) now, 2019 things have changed, gt-s sucks and im fully on pc again. lovely liveforspeed, horizon4,assetto,raceroom,wreckfest,rf2. all the good stuff and the freedom of setup and change things like you want. 
    im so hot for the next level of driving, damn i count the hours to finaly mounting a DD to my rig :)

enjoying some cool jazz radio helps to stay calm LOL :)  

it is pure pain & pleasure at the same time:)

i feel like a freak already...wake up every morning, check forums, check youtube, seeking for any kind of news:)
    wanted always a dd wheel, since first time i hear of this new way to enjoy virtual driving.
    sadly more or less i wasted all the years on gran turismo 5/6, and forget all the joy&freedom of pc sims. just because it was more fun to ride with friends then driving alone on pc:) now, 2019 things have changed, gt-s sucks and im fully on pc again. lovely liveforspeed, horizon4,assetto,raceroom,wreckfest,rf2. all the good stuff and the freedom of setup and change things like you want. 
    im so hot for the next level of driving, damn i count the hours to finaly mounting a DD to my rig :)

enjoying some cool jazz radio helps to stay calm LOL :)  

I totally hear you my friend, get your iRacing subs back up, and improving on your license will get you good competion on the there (in theory) It is a grind I know, but those races where you do well and not even won, but had awesome competion. is soo worth it.  :)>- 

Hope to see you on the track real soon fella 
  • Do we have a time limit to using the free Voucher? Can we wait for the podium hub to use the voucher? Thanks
    It's valid 1 year.
    Hey Maurice, do you work for fanatec? You always know so much and so quickly too.
  • edited April 2019
    When 22 days feels like 22 years :!! Cant wait to flat spot my tyres on rFactor 2. Dadadadadadadadadadada
  • Where is Mario and his countdown?
  • 20 days left  OMG
    8->
  • That's only 3 week wwwooohhhooooo
  • I was really hoping for these 'will be shown in a later video' videos!
    These last few weeks are dragging on
  • would be nice if they just started delivering early as a good gesture
  • I've kept up with this thread pretty well but I don't recall seeing anything about this.

Do we know what the Exciting New Color Scheme will be for the F1 2019 wheel that pre-orders will be receiving?

(hoping for NVidia Green but very prepared to be disappointed)
  • I've kept up with this thread pretty well but I don't recall seeing anything about this.

Do we know what the Exciting New Color Scheme will be for the F1 2019 wheel that pre-orders will be receiving?

(hoping for NVidia Green but very prepared to be disappointed)

We were told we will find out VERY SOON, that was about a month ago.
  • Benjamin KusBenjamin Kus Member
    edited April 2019
    This apparently leaked on another thread. I received a notification this morning of the Youtube video, but when I went to watch it, it had already been pulled.

I hope it is not a silver wheel, as the gold podium paddles, and DD2 mounts would look odd. I really like my Gold F1 wheel, and I like the look of the Red v2 also.

• This apparently leaked on another thread. I received a notification this morning of the Youtube video, but when I went to watch it, it had already been pulled.

I hope it is not a silver wheel, as the gold podium paddles, and DD2 mounts would look odd. I really like my Gold F1 wheel, and I like the look of the Red v2 also.

That silver just looks horrible. If that is the new F1 2019 rim then I am glad I used my voucher elsewhere rather that putting it towards this.
  • i agree that weel looks ugly hope the new Porsche weel wil be for pre-order soon 
  • Video is back up and yes it seems this will be the 2019 color scheme. I like it all accept the silver colored multi-switch dials. I think these should have been black, but ether way thank you Fanatec.
  • I was really hoping for these 'will be shown in a later video' videos!
    These last few weeks are dragging on
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUGD7MUtgH0

I have the 2018 F1 wheel and after driving with it for 3+ months I can tell you the material next to the Alcantara had grips is coated with something that dulls it out into a mate finish. Well within a few month that has flaked off for me. The buttons all feel great, joysticks etc fantastic. The wheel encoders where the thumb rests they are too flimsy, cheap feeling and easy to rotate, everytime I have an epic steering moment I find I am accidentally rotating them. Ontop of that they feel like I could snap them with no effort at all but its not happened yet.
    The wheel however is pure fantastic to use, it has more function than you could think to map and then remember. Absolutely brilliant for racing but I miss every now and again that ability to push pull with a fuller hand grip wheel, still needed in GT car racing imo.