Delivery of the Podium Wheel Bases UPDATE2

1141516171820»

Comments

• Glad at least one of us got one. Enjoy
  • Mine Shipped today. I'm in Australia. 
    Wow, awesome! Any idea what time the shipping came through?
  • I spoke to Fanatec tonight and they said the shipping would be this week. Can only hope. 
    Monday At 11am But i was one of the first auction winners so i'm probably very early in the list. 
    Monday At 11am But i was one of the first auction winners so i'm probably very early in the list. 
    For those of us in Australia yet to see ours move to shipped, be been to see how long it actually takes for yours to arrive?
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    Nice little touch of red ;)
  • I recieved my tracking number today
  • if you want to mount the dd1 on a RSEAT EVO v3, you have to drill 3-5 holes :) 
  • Nice little touch of red ;)
    Thanks. I definitely like that addition of red. :P
  • edited May 2019
    Should all the PS4 DDs have been delivered ? Cause i got no info on it beeing sent...April 30th is passed
  • My Order for the Podium PS4 from Dec 27th is stuck at payment received, i can't reach support via phone and i havent received an answer via mail for three days. Chat cant help either they only do technical stuff.

What else can i do ?
  • I ordered the DD1 on November 16th, no tracking number and still on payment verified.
    already send an email but no answer yet.

• wohoo - it shipped ! Still not response from Fanatec. I can only believe they are swamped
  • Very happy with the DD1. FFB at 50% and it feels realistic. Very solid and smooth on the axis. Currently playing DiRT4 and Assetto Corsa. Using SLIMax to get RPM LED's and segment display showing speed. Some issues. With DiRT4 I have to reset the input bindings every time I play. I cannot set the controller in Forza 7 because there is a constant input. See the controller settings in Assetto. Axis 2, 6, 7 & 8 are at 100%. No issues playing Assetto Corsa. Porsche rim also excellent. Wearing gloves to protect the leather. ShifterSQ connected to Podium. 
  • Well, first couple of days with the DD2 and I can say I am more than impressed. Initially I did not think that the upgrade from my V2 was that much different until I really started tuning the FFB and other settings correctly and using the base more.
    This is when the differences started to show, the main one being the responsiveness. When turning into very sharp corners like the Chicane at the end of Spa, the DD2 just seems snappier and more direct, it didn't seem a big difference at first but after a while it started to become clearer.
    Then the differences in the feel of the tyres on the road and noticing the limit of the grip really started to make sense. So in conclusion to this point. This base is bloody awesome I am having so much fun with it. It wont make me any faster but the feel and immersion is amazing.

The only thing I can add is set iRacing Force to 4.1 not 6, feels more natural. Also Fanatec please pressure WMD to support DD2 in Project Cars 2. 
  • Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    Well, first couple of days with the DD2 and I can say I am more than impressed. Initially I did not think that the upgrade from my V2 was that much different until I really started tuning the FFB and other settings correctly and using the base more.
    This is when the differences started to show, the main one being the responsiveness. When turning into very sharp corners like the Chicane at the end of Spa, the DD2 just seems snappier and more direct, it didn't seem a big difference at first but after a while it started to become clearer.
    Then the differences in the feel of the tyres on the road and noticing the limit of the grip really started to make sense. So in conclusion to this point. This base is bloody awesome I am having so much fun with it. It wont make me any faster but the feel and immersion is amazing.

The only thing I can add is set iRacing Force to 4.1 not 6, feels more natural. Also Fanatec please pressure WMD to support DD2 in Project Cars 2. 
    Project CARS 2 is end of life and won't get any more patches. However, it works fine in csw compatibility mode without any issues and also when you create a custom controller setup in pc mode.
  • Well, first couple of days with the DD2 and I can say I am more than impressed. Initially I did not think that the upgrade from my V2 was that much different until I really started tuning the FFB and other settings correctly and using the base more.

Project CARS 2 is end of life and won't get any more patches. However, it works fine in csw compatibility mode without any issues and also when you create a custom controller setup in pc mode.
    I could not get the Paddle shifts on the F1 2019 wheel to work in CSW mode. I could using the Custom wheel mode. I just have to spend some more time tuning the FFB in PC2 to get it to feel right. Work in progress, still having fun.
  • To the Fanatec team, thank you very much, I’m enjoy the DD1 that I received on the 30th of April (I still can not believe it I finally have it) :)) is it possible to know wen the kill switch will be available for sale?. Cheers .....
  • Ich schließe mich voll und ganz an, und auch vielen Dank für das kostenlose Lenkrad????????????????
  • Die Fragezeichen sind falsch, das sollten Smileys sein
  • Any update on the shipment date of the next batch of DD1/DD2? Is 8/16 still looking to be the case? Thanks. 
  • Well I hope it will be sooner, in an email I got about a month ago I was told 16th of July not 16th of August.  I know it looks weird, but I rechecked a couple of times what they wrote to me, it was really July not August.  Was that an error, I hope not, they even gave me a voucher for the delay.

Can Fanatec confirm we are still on track for a shipping next week ?
  • Update, mine (DD1 PS4) got shipped today.  Thank you!!!!  Hopes it doesn't take to long to clear the customs and get here (Canada)
  • Update, mine (DD1 PS4) got shipped today.  Thank you!!!!  Hopes it doesn't take to long to clear the customs and get here (Canada)
    What was your "estimated" ship date? Thanks!
    What was your "estimated" ship date? Thanks!

I ordered early May, but with the F1 game attached to the order and Fanatec being unable to show two estimated dates, I always got the date of 28 June which was the f1 game date. But I think my original date was supposed to be 31 May, but it did not happen.  Got an email after that saying it would be 16 July + a voucher, and to my big surprise it actually shipped that date. 
  • As an FYI for anyone in this thread, my "estimated" ship date was 8/16 and it shipped today! Happy days!