Delivery of the Podium Wheel Bases UPDATE2

Comments

• Maybe they should make you electronically sign a waiver when you order your DD base. It might serve as a marketing tool to impress people that this is a really serious piece of kit!
  • HI All is there any benefit to preordering a DD1 now vs waiting for reviews to come out ? do you get the motor upgrade if preordering now ? or any other benefits ? 
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    HI All is there any benefit to preordering a DD1 now vs waiting for reviews to come out ? do you get the motor upgrade if preordering now ? or any other benefits ? 

You guarantee getting it at release and currently still comes with the DD2 motor. Keep in mind the power is dialed down to DD1 specs..
  • 60 looooong days to go :) 
    starting a new char on dark age of camelot, good time maschine :D
  • edited February 2019
    Man, when this thing gets delivered....people are likely to explode from over excitement... :)

Do people think there is actually going to be a DD1 motor? Doesn't seem to make sense to have 2 different ones. Hard to tell if we are getting a good deal with the DD2 motor in a DD1, or whether it will become the standard. 
  • Man, when this thing gets delivered....people are likely to explode from over excitement... :)

Do people think there is actually going to be a DD1 motor? Doesn't seem to make sense to have 2 different ones. Hard to tell if we are getting a good deal with the DD2 motor in a DD1, or whether it will become the standard. 
    Agreed. It doesn't seem likely to be changed, unless they can find a way to save enough money without lowering quality.

Feels more likely if they ever replace the motor it'll also introduce a new product at a new price point.
  • The firmware support, development and logistics for two different motors cost more money than one motor for all DD, I think.
  • Thank you Thomas And Team.
  • So I guess that's our update.  April 30th confirmed.
  • edited March 2019
    The Fanatec DD driver are available...  :x
  • The DD drivers are available...  :x
    I mean they are just the 328 drivers that have been up here for a couple weeks, but yes that is very exciting.
  • Is anything known about the mounting of the DD to the rig? The four holes in the front are probably to mount something (shifters...) to the wheel and not for mounting the wheel to the rig, right!? What are the five 6,5mm holes on the top for? They are shown in the template but aren't visible on photos and videos. The Drilling Template shows two 8,1mm holes on left and right side. Am I right, that only these two holes on both sides can be used as connection to the rig? Do these holes lead through the whole base or are there M8 threads inside?

Sorry if this was already asked/answered...
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    Great video !

• The 'top' view actually shows the 5 mount points on the underside of the base. The holes are threaded for M6 bolts.
  • Nice video. Can somebody explane the Video?
  • Hi,

Currently I only have a Thrustmaster t300. When you send us the DD, they will do it next to the Steering Whell F1 2019?

Thanks  a lot

(Pre-ordered 2018)
  • Sorry, I mean explain the stress Test
  • Sorry, I mean explain the stress Test
    According to the video, one is simulating driver input, the other represents what a wheel would be doing in a given sim.  They are supposedly running endless laps of the nordschleife.  
  • The 'top' view actually shows the 5 mount points on the underside of the base. The holes are threaded for M6 bolts.
    Hi Alfredo, I would have never recognized that. Just because you also see the LCD which is mounted on the top... Thanks for clarification! ^:)^

This means, M6 on the bottom and M8 on the sides?
  • This means, M6 on the bottom and M8 on the sides?
    Yes Sir! 

Funny, I never noticed that they have 5 mounting holes on the bottom until someone mentioned it. Should make for super stable mounting! 

Video was very cool, pretty much says it all ie. testing going well, April 30th still on. Great news Fanatec!
  • Aww .. i just read this now and i pre-ordered the dd1 yesterday , i just missed out on that simply perfection of a wheel
  • 50 days to go
    8-}
  • Antoine GoossensAntoine Goossens Member, DD Beta Tester
    I ask Jesus all the time for things I don't deserve.
    Better ask someone with a lot of cash :))
  • Antoine GoossensAntoine Goossens Member, DD Beta Tester
    That’s really fair, thanks to all Fanatec staff. Any commercial gesture can be done too to all customers that have pre-ordered a formula V2 wheel, initially announced on february the14st and who have received an email informing them that delivery was delayed to february the 28th? Thank you for your unserstanding!
    Why would Fanatec have to do so? This is just a 2 week delay. No other company in the world is compensating their customers with anything when they have to delay their products. People really are spoiled these days...
    Oh sorry... I didn't think that it was such a disrespectful request...But if everybody thinks that's it is normal for a professional well known company to ask a customer (at the last minute) to wait 2 more weeks after a 6 weeks delay, ok, I shut my mouth.

And sorry to hear that no company in the world is compensating customers for delayed orders... we definitely don't live in the same world (or country? :-)).
    There was never a 6 week delay in the first place?! And no, Kunos Simulazioni for example is not giving away any compensation for the 0.6 delay which was moved to next week and I am sure they also won't give any free goodie when they will announce the very likely delay of version 1.0 until summer. I have pre-ordered many things from lot of companies and a delay actually is nothing new in this world and quite normal for pre-order stuff and this happened to me already several times but I never got any compensation. Fanatec is the only company I know of which gave a free goodie for the DD delay but I absolutely don't expect to get a compensation for a 2 week delay which can have several reasons, most probably the ship with the goods didn't arrived in time or customs make stress etc etc. A 2 week delay is nothing dramatic as the DD delay was
    Fanatec announced first a 6 weeks delay when I pre-ordered. At the end of the delay, the last day of the 6 weeks, I received an email asking me to wait 2 more weeks. That's not a big deal, you're right.

I am also a professional "seller" in another domain, and I won't be offended if a customer asks me something in compensation in such a situation.

But ok, sorry to have made such a "silly" request.
    Try buying from Thrustmaster or Logitech... The delays are just as normal as sunrise every day... Did you hear ANYwhere, that they compensate that in any way? >:)
  • Just a Quick Question. I have a DD1 on order and i have several custom DIY wheels will the Podium QR be released in time for me to receive
     the QR at the Same time a the DD1. Id hate to have the DD! and be waiting for a wheel or adapter to use it. 
  • Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    Even if the Podium Adapter would not be available with the DD Bases you can use the Universal Hub in the meantime so you would at least be a able to use the DD when it launches ;)
  • Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    Even if the Podium Adapter would not be available with the DD Bases you can use the Universal Hub in the meantime so you would at least be a able to use the DD when it launches ;)
  • Thanks for the Reply Maurice but. the cost of those units when i want 3 or 4 is more than I wish to spend. 
  • I am in the same position as Troy, but I would like to know is the QR anything more than just a QR i thought we was waiting for an all new podium universal hub module, when is this expected? I want to build my own wheel with all it's own buttons.
    I am in the same position as Troy, but I would like to know is the QR anything more than just a QR i thought we was waiting for an all new podium universal hub module, when is this expected? I want to build my own wheel with all it's own buttons.
    There will be a new Podium Hub, yes. This will be a simplified Universal Hub without any button boxes or Shifter paddles which reduces weight and cost. You can then attach the separate already available ClubSport Quick Release to the back of the new Podium Hub. It's all modular: Quick Release, Hub, Button Box, shifter paddles, steering Wheel.