Podium Series Status Update: Shipments begin next month, first batch stock almost sold out!

Comments

• How you know its the ps4 base first
  • Well, on the bright side... Podiums are starting to ship, that's good.
  • How you know its the ps4 base first
    Noel and a few others have confirmed that's the base they ordered on the iRacing forums.
  • DOMANI SPERO DI VEDERE ALCUNE UNBOX
  • IMO No DD unit has shipped out to regular customers...perhaps game devs, YouTube streamers/reviewers with large fan base EX: Sim Racing Garrage...Why would Fanatec Not post that they are starting to ship the DD wheel bases....And if they are shipping it should be on a First Order bases... I ordered day 1 and it would be very upsetting if some one who ordered 6 months after Me were to get their wheel shipped before Day 1/ Early  pre orders.

• On Facebook they said they have begun shipping.
  • Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    IMO No DD unit has shipped out to regular customers...perhaps game devs, YouTube streamers/reviewers with large fan base EX: Sim Racing Garrage...Why would Fanatec Not post that they are starting to ship the DD wheel bases....And if they are shipping it should be on a First Order bases... I ordered day 1 and it would be very upsetting if some one who ordered 6 months after Me were to get their wheel shipped before Day 1/ Early  pre orders.

They confirmed that they started shipping to everyone (not just big game devs) already on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and SRG also posted a quick unboxing video of the PS4 version already.
  • They just posted on their Instagram Story that they started shipping and they put a link to the video of sim racing girl unboxing the PS4 version. So I assume they started shipping those first indeed.
  • Detlef FegersDetlef Fegers Member
    edited April 2019
    obviously things start moving into the right direction.
    As a German customer, I´d LOVE to see the DD2 being shipped BEFORE April 30th, in order to enjoy installing and testing and racing during the long weekend.
    You know what I mean.

Anyway, love this. Glad I was suffering through the waiting period. I hope and I know it was/will be worth it!
    HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!

• IMO No DD unit has shipped out to regular customers...perhaps game devs, YouTube streamers/reviewers with large fan base EX: Sim Racing Garrage...Why would Fanatec Not post that they are starting to ship the DD wheel bases....And if they are shipping it should be on a First Order bases... I ordered day 1 and it would be very upsetting if some one who ordered 6 months after Me were to get their wheel shipped before Day 1/ Early  pre orders.

https://twitter.com/fanatec
  • they did post about it lol just not here

See Facebook & Twitter. There Fanatec confirmed that they started shipping. But they didn't mention if they started shipping all DDs.
  • edited April 2019
    Maybe they started shipping early the the ps4 version only...i hope that who ordered the podium paddle shifter too won't have to wait till the 30 so they will ship one package only :P
    The hype is real..let's wait for the Ups mail :D
  • they should be shipping on a FIFO basis. First In First Out. It would be a bad look for Fanatec if people that ordered Day 1 had to wait longer than people that ordered 6 months or more later.
  • It will be complete BS if a wheel that was announced 5 months after the DD and well after people gave Fanatec their money shipped first. We really need some confirmation on what is happening.
  • Just got an email from fanatec that the podium paddle shifter are delayed to the 18th of june because they need them for the high demand of ps4 dd bases...well at least  who ordered the shifters too, won't have to wait the 30th april for the pakcage...i hope :P
  • You can't expect them to organize all manufacturing by order number. They're likely shipping whatever happened to be ready first, and for those, hopefully by order number.
  • Great, I used my voucher to get the paddles. Just awesome fanatec, so awesome.
  • I agree they wouldn't manufacture by order number, but struggle to understand how PS4 units are ready prior to units ordered months before. Unless when the issues were found in December, they fast tracked the PS4 units to the revised spec and then sent the standard DD's back to China for revisions?
    Who knows, but yet again communication is poor especially considering the financial outlay was made so long ago.
  • edited April 2019
    Dear Fanatec, Thomas , Dominic

I Just received a email that the Paddle shifters will be delayed until June!!! Ok Fine...  

My order for the DD2 was placed on day 1 and later on using the Delay Voucher I ordered the Podium Magnetic Paddle shifters... I do Not wish to delay the shipment of My DD2 wheel until the paddle shifters are ready to be shipped... I request My DD2 to ship Immediately when shipping of the DD wheels begins.

This would Be a Problem for Me I waited long Enough!!!

I have also sent a Email to support stating this.

Best Regards
  • Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    Dear Fanatec, Thomas , Dominic

I Just received a email that the Paddle shifters will be delayed until June!!! Ok Fine...  

My order for the DD2 was placed on day 1 and later on using the Delay Voucher I ordered the Podium Magnetic Paddle shifters... I do Not wish to delay the shipment of My DD2 wheel until the paddle shifters are ready to be shipped... I request My DD2 to ship[ Immediately when shipping the DD wheels begins.

This would Be a Problem for Me I waited long Enough!!!

I have also sent a Email to support stating this
    So you placed two different orders?! The delay of the Podium Shifters will not affect the other order of the DD2 at all because they won't ship together. So you will get your DD2 as soon as shipping of DD2 started and you won't have to wait until June.
  • I'm just happy that DDs have started shipping. I got the email today about the APM being delayed and as soon as I saw the words 'shipment' and 'delayed' I thought it would be my pre-ordered DD2 ordered on 26/7/2018 so a couple of days after the announcement, so I don't expect I'll hear much before April 30th. That said it would be great if the base came before that date. Still undecided what to get with the voucher though, thinking of putting it towards a CSP v3 inverted (I have v3 already but like the positioning of the inverted).

My expectations had been set for shipping on April 30th and I have a voucher for 349 EUR to spend as compensation for the delay. I really don't get why there is anger that it looks like the PS4 version which has different processes to follow is shipped at a different time. Maybe the DD1s and DD2s are in the next container just arriving at a German port... and we'll get them earlier than expected.. maybe we won't. As long as there are no further delays, no worries.

• If they delay the shipping of the Direct drive because of the paddles i’m trul P***** off
  • Are you guys having fun looking for reasons to get angry? They are starting to ship two weeks earlier than expected! That is good news!
  • Paul WalkerPaul Walker Member
    edited April 2019
    If they delay the shipping of the Direct drive because of the paddles i’m trul P***** off

So you placed two different orders! The delay of the Podium Shifters will not affect the other order of the DD2 at all because they won't ship together. So you will get your DD2 as soon as shipping of DD2 started and you won't have to wait until June.

• I'm just happy that DDs have started shipping. I got the email today about the APM being delayed and as soon as I saw the words 'shipment' and 'delayed' I thought it would be my pre-ordered DD2 ordered on 26/7/2018 so a couple of days after the announcement, so I don't expect I'll hear much before April 30th. That said it would be great if the base came before that date. Still undecided what to get with the voucher though, thinking of putting it towards a CSP v3 inverted (I have v3 already but like the positioning of the inverted).

I have the v3 and the v3inverted pedals and I can tell you that you will Not be sorry if you order v3i pedals with your voucher...They are just better and feel more natural in every way.
  • Torben JensenTorben Jensen Member
    edited April 2019
    Due to the high demand of the Podium Racing Wheel F1®, which comes pre-installed with the Podium Advanced Paddle Module, and due to a shortness of materials, we needed to prioritise the first batch for use in this product in order to avoid delays on the very first direct drive shipments

So this delay is because of the compensation of the 2019 F1 wheel made to those who ordered the DD bases which was delayed. So even though I ordered the P APM pretty much as soon as it was available to go with the 2018 F1 LE wheel I purchased I now have to wait so what is the compensation for that?

And yes I do have a DD1 scheduled to be delivered April 30th but I am half expecting to get an email saying that has been delayed as I didn't order day 1.

Love the products just getting frustrated at delays
  • If they delay the shipping of the Direct drive because of the paddles i’m trul P***** off

So you placed two different orders! The delay of the Podium Shifters will not affect the other order of the DD2 at all because they won't ship together. So you will get your DD2 as soon as shipping of DD2 started and you won't have to wait until June.

I only did 1 order so different from him
  • edited April 2019
    So this delay is because of the compensation of the 2019 F1 wheel made to those who ordered the DD bases which was delayed.
    No, it's because of the high demand of the Podium Racing Wheel F1. That's the complete package of a PS4 compatible DD1 wheel base and a steering wheel.
    The compensation for the delay of the DD bases was first the F1 2019 steering wheel (and even that's something else). But they changed that later to a voucher.

So the delay of the PAPM has nothing to do with the compensation for the delay of the DD bases.
  • Does Anyone know anything about the NEW limited Edition F1 Wheel that is supposed to be offered to those of us that placed pre orders? I am waiting for that wheel. Also does anyone know if that wheel will have the podium paddle shifters? I would hope so!