Podium Series Status Update: Shipments begin next month, first batch stock almost sold out!

Comments

• i really hope this is the F1 2019 limited edition wheel coming in may/june.. i mean wow.. just wow
  • Benjamin KusBenjamin Kus Member
    edited April 2019
    Is this also another Podium Wheel from Thomas' ADAC SimRacing Expo 2018 (right hand side)? I have not seen gold stitching or a gold striped wheel before?

Also looks like a very similar shape to the Porsche wheel on the left hand side without the black bolts / Porsche logo.

• I would rather have something more like this:
    (Maybe someone with better Photoshop-skills could edit this)
  • I think the Black looks great!
    Still not sure about all the silver rotary switches...

I assume the original is not some tacky silver sprayed plastic, but actually aluminium handles
  • All black looks nice! Please be for xbox or allows use on xbox, ps4 and pc regardless of wheelbase.
  • Benjamin KusBenjamin Kus Member
    edited April 2019
    All black looks nice! Please be for xbox or allows use on xbox, ps4 and pc regardless of wheelbase.

Gerald, It can only be compatible with PS4 if you connect it to a PS4 certified wheel base (eg: CSL Elite Wheel Base +PS4 or the blue DD Podium Racing Wheel F1). The regular DD1 or DD2 will never support PS4.

In regards to XBox, not sure if it will be or not, but I will be annoyed if it is & they didn't make the previous 2018 Gold version XBox compatible. At least the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 is very similar and xbox compatible.
  • Wish  I could buy a set of black leather grips for my 2018 LE rim...
  • Replaceable grips would be an excellent idea!
    Probably an aftermarket service
  • I would rather have something more like this:
    (Maybe someone with better Photoshop-skills could edit this)
    If i had i Wish, it should really look Like this instead of so much silver. Fanatec, pleased think about this colour scheme! I just cant wait for the DD delivery, the dispatch is coming closer :-).
  • Are both versions compatiable with the CSL SEAT? Does anyone know?
  • looks nice all of them.
    when comes the golden support. for the base on the site.
    I can miss the same date with the sender

• Replaceable grips would be an excellent idea!
    Probably an aftermarket service

They did replacement grips for the other Formula rims so they may do these, hopefully leather but without the silver would be good.
  • just a quick question from an anxious DD1 preorder guy lol, can you tell us when the motor dynamics podium video might be uploaded? also when might we expect the changes to the web shop for adding the podium accessories like the kill switch ect?
  • Correct me if im wrong but the DD1 is just 8.1Cm longer then a regular CSW2.5 right ?
  • :)
    I'm a bit disappointed if that is the new F1 wheel.
    I was under the impression it would be an entirely new design and not simply the F1 2018 wheel with a new colour scheme.
  • Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    :)
    I was under the impression it would be an entirely new design and not simply the F1 2018 wheel with a new colour scheme.
    This was communicated more than once and very clearly that the F1 2019 Wheel will just be a different color and otherwise absolutely identical to the F1 2018 wheel.............. Same for a probably F1 2020 wheel etc....
  • edited April 2019
    :)
    This was communicated more than once and very clearly that the F1 2019 Wheel will just be a different color and otherwise absolutely identical to the F1 2018 wheel.............. Same for a probably F1 2020 wheel etc....
    Ah,my mistake,i must have been sleeping through the last few months   :-S

Never mind,it's still a great looking wheel and although i possibly prefer the limited edition gold colour scheme(thats now sold out) i will be looking to purchase this wheel when its available.

• Dont know why, but the silver details looks cheap AF... atleast from picture. The premium looking carbon in contrast with cheap looking silver is disappointing.  :(
    If this is new F1 2019 wheel, I will consider to use my voucher on different wheel instead.

Just question, are the rotary knobs made out of plastic, or metal? (Formula V2 /  LE F1 2018)
  • Metal
  • Shane HigginsShane Higgins Member
    edited April 2019
    \m/
  • I had a dream last night that I received an E-mail with a tracking number a week early from Fanatec. :)) Who kwnos,maybe my dream can come true. =))
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    Nice to see the guys at Sector3 have a DD in hand ;) looking forward to testing with Raceroom
  • What is the encoder resolution?
  • edited April 2019

I saw it on Twitter today.
  • Does the F1 2019LE rim have the same depth as the CSW RGTX?

By that I mean the length from the QR to the wheel face.
  • I had a dream last night that I received an E-mail with a tracking number a week early from Fanatec. :)) Who kwnos,maybe my dream can come true. =))
    Must have been a wet dream then, lol
  • edited April 2019
    I had a dream last night that I received an E-mail with a tracking number a week early from Fanatec. :)) Who kwnos,maybe my dream can come true. =))
    Must have been a wet dream then, lol
    Indeed   :D
  • Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited April 2019
    Fanatec, could you please – at the very least – let us know when you will be announcing the price and availability of the Podium mounting brackets so that those of us who have waited months for our wheel bases can make appropriate plans for mounting them when they arrive.

The silence on such questions is more than a little disappointing given that many of us have given you our money far in advance of the product being ready – and then waited so patiently for them to actually be shipped.

• Fanatec, could you please – at the very least – let us know when you will be announcing the price and availability of the Podium mounting brackets so that those of us who have waited months for our wheel bases can make appropriate plans for mounting them when they arrive.

The silence on such questions is more than a little disappointing given that many of us have given you our money far in advance of the product being ready – and then waited so patiently for them to actually be shipped.

It’s been mentioned many times throughout the threads, it was mentioned over a month ago, the answer we were given is “very soon” So more than likely the earliest it will be announced officially is the day after the DD wheelbase ships.
  • Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited April 2019

Fanatec, could you please – at the very least – let us know when you will be announcing the price and availability of the Podium mounting brackets so that those of us who have waited months for our wheel bases can make appropriate plans for mounting them when they arrive.

It’s been mentioned many times throughout the threads, it was mentioned over a month ago, the answer we were given is “very soon” So more than likely the earliest it will be announced officially is the day after the DD wheelbase ships.
    That's exactly the sort of response that, once again, still doesn't actually tell us anything.

Do you not see how illogical it is to ship the wheels before offering the 'early adopters' the chance to get their mounts and other options at the same time? It's a poor marketing strategy if you want to maximise positive feedback on your new flagship product range.