Podium Series Status Update: Shipments begin next month, first batch stock almost sold out!

Comments

• Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    Does Anyone know anything about the NEW limited Edition F1 Wheel that is supposed to be offered to those of us that placed pre orders? I am waiting for that wheel. Also does anyone know if that wheel will have the podium paddle shifters? I would hope so! 
    You won't get a free wheel anymore. This was changed to a general voucher with the value of the wheel, so 350€. It will be available to everyone as a limited edition "very soon" and it won't come with Podium Shifters. It's just a different color of the already known F1 2018 wheel. There are pictures floating around of a new teased wheel from their latest compatibility video which may be the F1 2019 Wheel.
  • Paul WalkerPaul Walker Member
    edited April 2019
    You won't get a free wheel anymore. This was changed to a general voucher with the value of the wheel, so 350€. It will be available to everyone as a limited edition "very soon" and it won't come with Podium Shifters. It's just a different color of the already known F1 2018 wheel. There are pictures floating around of a new teased wheel from their latest compatibility video which may be the F1 2019 Wheel.

@Maurice please check with Thomas or Dominic. It was promised that the delayed preorders would get the chance to buy the wheel with the voucher before it went generally available.
  • You won't get a free wheel anymore. This was changed to a general voucher with the value of the wheel, so 350€. It will be available to everyone as a limited edition "very soon" and it won't come with Podium Shifters. It's just a different color of the already known F1 2018 wheel. There are pictures floating around of a new teased wheel from their latest compatibility video which may be the F1 2019 Wheel.
    @Maurice please check with Thomas or Dominic. It was promised that the delayed preorders would get the chance to buy the wheel with the voucher before it went generally available.
    Yes, it was said, that those who got the voucher will be able to order the limited F1 2019 steering wheel a little bit earlier (i think it was one or two days). So they have the chance to get one, if they want one.
    But in case you didn't use your voucher until then for something else, the steering wheel is not going to be sent automatically.
    So in any case you have to (pre-)order it. I think that's what he wanted to say.
  • Yes, it was said, that those who got the voucher will be able to order the limited F1 2019 steering wheel a little bit earlier (i think it was one or two days). So they have the chance to get one, if they want one.
    But in case you didn't use your voucher until then for something else, the steering wheel is not going to be sent automatically.
    So in any case you have to (pre-)order it. I think that's what he wanted to say.
    This is correct.
  • Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited April 2019
    Dominic, is there any reasonable reason that we can't get some sort of response about the questions on when the price and availability of the Podium mount will be announced? Surely it can't be that big a secret?

It doesn't seem like an unreasonable question now that the wheel bases have started shipping.
  • edited April 2019
    DD1/DD2 went by ship. PS4 Version wouldnt have made for the April 30 release if gone the same route, so they had to send them by plane.

But its nice just to f...ing nag, right ? Everything has to be there right away no errors allowed, no delays ! I WANT!, WANT WANT! NOW NOW NOW.

• Antoine GoossensAntoine Goossens Member, DD Beta Tester
    edited April 2019
    I know for sure, from my own experience, That even if you pre ordered the DD and Advanced paddles in one order, you will be getting the DD without delay. The paddles will be shipped in June.
  • Does Anyone know anything about the NEW limited Edition F1 Wheel that is supposed to be offered to those of us that placed pre orders? I am waiting for that wheel. Also does anyone know if that wheel will have the podium paddle shifters? I would hope so! 
    I understand that it's not an Automatic free wheel, but the voucher covers the cost of the wheel. It does state that the VIP access AKA first dibs will be sent to those that pre ordered DD2. I hope that is still the case. Thanx for confirming that it doesn't come with the podium shifters. It appears to me that the SP4 version is the best deal. For the same price as the DD2, you get DD1 with the DD2 motor, so really you get the same thing, but you also get the new F1 style wheel with podium shifters. It's compatible with PS4 and PC. Why shoul'd I keep my DD2 order?
  • Maurice BöschenMaurice Böschen Member, CSL E RP1 PS4 beta tester, RMcL BT, CS SWFORM V2 Beta test, DD Beta Tester, PHub Beta Tester, P BME beta tester
    Does Anyone know anything about the NEW limited Edition F1 Wheel that is supposed to be offered to those of us that placed pre orders? I am waiting for that wheel. Also does anyone know if that wheel will have the podium paddle shifters? I would hope so! 
    I understand that it's not an Automatic free wheel, but the voucher covers the cost of the wheel. It does state that the VIP access AKA first dibs will be sent to those that pre ordered DD2. I hope that is still the case. Thanx for confirming that it doesn't come with the podium shifters. It appears to me that the SP4 version is the best deal. For the same price as the DD2, you get DD1 with the DD2 motor, so really you get the same thing, but you also get the new F1 style wheel with podium shifters. It's compatible with PS4 and PC. Why shoul'd I keep my DD2 order?
    You wont get the same thing. Even though the DD1 uses the same motor as the DD2 it has still completely different electronics and is therefore slower because it has less Torque. DD1 Holding Torque is 15Nm vs DD2 Holding Torque 20Nm. Peak Torque of DD1 is 20Nm vs DD2 Peak Torque 25Nm. Also DD2 comes with a Killswitch already included and 5 year warranty vs 2 years on the DD1.
  • Paul WalkerPaul Walker Member
    edited April 2019

I thought the same until I did the math. Podium F1 Wheel for PS4.cost 1499 EUR If you pre ordered either DD1 or DD2 you have a 349 EUR voucher to spend, thus making the DD1 cost 650 EUR and the DD2 cost 1150 EUR approx. Over and above the DD1, DD2 comes with: 1. extra 3year warranty worth 300 EUR 2. Kill switch worth (saving you breaking your wrists possibly) 3. Higher Torque worth (it's weight in immersion) All 3 are worth 500 EUR approx Wheel and paddles cost around 500 EUR Way I see it with pre- ordered DD2 the cost comes to around 1300EUR to get all 3 extra points above, rim and paddles. Great value and completely wipes out having to wait a few extra months until 30th April (or may be even before).
  • Antoine GoossensAntoine Goossens Member, DD Beta Tester
    edited April 2019
    You wont get the same thing. Even though the DD1 uses the same motor as the DD2 it has still completely different electronics and is therefore slower because it has less Torque. DD1 Holding Torque is 15Nm vs DD2 Holding Torque 20Nm. Peak Torque of DD1 is 20Nm vs DD2 Peak Torque 25Nm. Also DD2 comes with a Killswitch already included and 5 year warranty vs 2 years on the DD1.
    How many times do you need to repeat that one Maurice ;) LOL
  • edited April 2019
    just nitpicking here but saying the dd1 is "slower" implies that it is always inferior to the dd2. Yes its maximum angular acceleration will be lower because the maximum torque is lower, but that is irrelevant, because the game doesn't send angular speed, it sends torque. So if you play with low force feedback (where even the peaks are below 15 nm), there will be no difference between the dd1 and dd2.
  • now the next video has come online. I see that golden support there. thought he wasn't available yet. thought I was coming to the site soon. because would like to have him that week (;
  • Does Anyone know anything about the NEW limited Edition F1 Wheel that is supposed to be offered to those of us that placed pre orders? I am waiting for that wheel. Also does anyone know if that wheel will have the podium paddle shifters? I would hope so! 
    Yes yes yes. I have read the stats on both. I am sure there are differences, however, in real world no one will use either of the two motors at 100% torque/power. I don't run my v2 at 100%. I am interested in the fidelity difference between the two at say 30-40% torque/power, which is a more realistic real world scenario. 

Longer warranty is nice, but in my many years working in IT, I have learned that electronics break early on or never. Not talking about the motor, I am talking about the electronics used to drive the motor <-- which is apparently the difference between the two at the moment (the two being DD1 and DD2). 

I did not cancel my DD2 order, still patiently waiting, and hoping it will come to me in the first half of this year.........or so I hope.
  • DD1 v DD2 should feel identical at the same strength (Assuming the podium software doesn't have DD2 only features).

The only situation would be like something in iRacing where you might have the Ferrari GT3 set for say 35nm max output (maps 35nm from the telemetry to 100% signal to the wheel) for the DD1 you're effectively getting about 0.57:1 FFB strength, but if any telemetry peaks above 35 it would clip.  If you have a DD2 then to get the same 0.57:1 feel you'd set the FFB slider to 43.75.  But because you have another 9nm of headroom, you might get some transient effect that show up on a DD2 that you would miss on the DD1.

But it will both be rare and subtle.  iRacing typically autotunes the Ferrari to 35nm. But since the force is physics based it can't fully know what the max force will be, only the typical max.

• edited April 2019
    DD1 v DD2 should feel identical at the same strength (Assuming the podium software doesn't have DD2 only features).

The only situation would be like something in iRacing where you might have the Ferrari GT3 set for say 35nm max output (maps 35nm from the telemetry to 100% signal to the wheel) for the DD1 you're effectively getting about 0.57:1 FFB strength, but if any telemetry peaks above 35 it would clip.  If you have a DD2 then to get the same 0.57:1 feel you'd set the FFB slider to 43.75.  But because you have another 9nm of headroom, you might get some transient effect that show up on a DD2 that you would miss on the DD1.

But it will both be rare and subtle.  iRacing typically autotunes the Ferrari to 35nm. But since the force is physics based it can't fully know what the max force will be, only the typical max.

Hi I am totally new player in this area. I used g29 for 2, t300rs for 3 years. I bought v2.5 2 months ago. Mostly I use it with medium power. I don't like too much power. The problem is: when I played too many hours with it, BB motors make me feel losing its productivity. There is losses in feedback. My goal is not too much power. I want to get healthy feedbacks from product. I mean I want reality. DD1 motor take my attention. Actually I want to buy it. 5 years warranty with 1300 euros prices. But It hasn't security key. It's price must be nearly 100 euros. Totally 1400 euros. DD2's price is 1500 euros. There is 100 euros difference between them. Which product should I prefer?I have a BMW GT2 wherl. What is your opinion on them? Should I prefer Fanatec podium DD1-DD2 or Simucube2 Pro?
  • edited April 2019

OK, I see - I went and relooked at the voucher I received from Fanatec for the freebie - You are correct, it seems as if it's the limited edition V2.... I'm in the UK so I hope the shipping's free when it's finally ready

Eh? I pre-ordered the DD2 on 12/07/2018 and never received any voucher for my freebie F1 2019 wheel though I received an email apologising for the delay and promising the freebie. Can anyone confirm that you all received a voucher of some kind? Where can I find the voucher?

Have I been overlooked in the voucher gifting?

Help Thomas! 
  • Eh? I pre-ordered the DD2 on 12/07/2018 and never received any voucher for my freebie F1 2019 wheel though I received an email apologising for the delay and promising the freebie. Can anyone confirm that you all received a voucher of some kind? Where can I find the voucher?

Help Thomas! 

You had to have ordered prior to December 4th when they announced the delay. We were all expecting our wheels to ship on the 5th, so we were compensated for the delay. On the 7th it was known that the wheel wouldn't ship until April, so there wasn't a consolation gift for the delay.
  • edited April 2019
    Eh? I pre-ordered the DD2 on 12/07/2018 and never received any voucher for my freebie F1 2019 wheel though I received an email apologising for the delay and promising the freebie. Can anyone confirm that you all received a voucher of some kind? Where can I find the voucher?

Help Thomas! 

You had to have ordered prior to December 4th when they announced the delay. We were all expecting our wheels to ship on the 5th, so we were compensated for the delay. On the 7th it was known that the wheel wouldn't ship until April, so there wasn't a consolation gift for the delay.

Correction.....my order was made on 09/20/2018 and the original estimated shipping date was on 12/07/2018...my bad!

Where is the voucher or is the email counted as the voucher?
  • Eh? I pre-ordered the DD2 on 12/07/2018 and never received any voucher for my freebie F1 2019 wheel though I received an email apologising for the delay and promising the freebie. Can anyone confirm that you all received a voucher of some kind? Where can I find the voucher?

Help Thomas! 

Correction.....my order was made on 09/20/2018 and the original estimated shipping date was on 12/07/2018...my bad!

I received an email titled "ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2019 voucher alternative" on 7-8 December 2018. I searched for the text Fanatec voucher and found the email. If you have not received it or it has been sent to spam and deleted, I am sure Fanatec will warrant the voucher to your account. Just contact them, they have always been great in addressing my emails in the past within 1-2 business days. Don't stress our DD's are coming!
  • Shhh.....yup still silent on the actual DD1/2 shipping dates. All I hear are crickets....:-)  :D

The closer it gets to the actual date, the more impatient I become!
    :-w
  • Shhh.....yup still silent on the actual DD1/2 shipping dates. All I hear are crickets....:-)  :D

The closer it gets to the actual date, the more impatient I become!
    :-w

I emailed Fanatec and asked the same question, they said the rest of the orders will be shipped on the 30th. There was no mention of posibely shipping before then. The only response you will get here is “soon” or “very soon”

Help Thomas! 

I received an email titled "ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2019 voucher alternative" on 7-8 December 2018. I searched for the text Fanatec voucher and found the email. If you have not received it or it has been sent to spam and deleted, I am sure Fanatec will warrant the voucher to your account. Just contact them, they have always been great in addressing my emails in the past within 1-2 business days. Don't stress our DD's are coming!
    Thank you very much Benjamin Kus!
  • My DD2 is out for delivery fellas!!!! Yeah!
  • Hello,
    Is the stock for the second batch shipping in June very limited?
    I'm still wondering if I should buy the Podium PS4 + Clubsport V3 pedals but it would be a shame to miss out the June's shipping if I take too long making my mind?
    Cheers.
  • when is the golden bracket.
    presented on the site.
    where the dd2 and the dd1. can be screwed on
  • Yes I am just waiting for the gold podium DD brackets to place a big order, very strange that they dont start presale those? Please launch them on the website Thomas :-). I am getting DD1 today and would like to mount it proper on my Rennsport 2.

Best Regards
    Bjørn
  • is it confirmed that theese bracked will be sold ? or is it wishful thinking
  • This brackets and stop button are confirmed but not the date.